64 Riviera electric seat motor issues. I need help!

Sweet64rivi

Kevin-

Look in the 1964 Buick Body Service Manual (not Chassis Service Manual) for a detailed description of how it works, how to take it apart, etc. That's where I found the details for my '63, so I assume Buick has the same info in your '64 Body Manual.

HTH.

had the same problem with mine-as jim said get body manual-took mine apart and cleaned all tracks- etc.regreased-works great.this problem comes up alot and the solution is ussually just dirty grease buildup over the years.try this and get back with results.make sure when reinstalling you have a good ground.t.nugent roa 12969...

Most likely the switch is not engaging the transmission simultaneously with the seat motor or the transmission needs to be disassembled and cleaned due to solidified grease keeping it from engaging. Also, check your black ground wire to be sure it is secured under one of the seat bolts into the floor.

Tom Mooney

• 1 month later...

Well, you guys hit the nail on the head. My buddy and I went to work and 3 hours later it works! We started with the simple stuff first by checking all the wires to make sure they had current and they did. We then took out the transmission and had one heck of a hard time getting the dog off the shaft due to solidified grease. It was as if they were clued on. We cleaned them up along with the gears and everything runs perfectly. Oh, and we did this withOUT removing the seat. Next up....the clock!