1989 Riviera front and rear struts and shocks...the rear have auto leveling option...

NCBRIJEN

Hey All: I am looking to purchase a new set of shocks and struts for my 1989 Riviera however I am finding a bunch of options all over the internet... I want to keep the Riv original as can be ...I have replaced the front struts on the Reatta with sensatracs in the past which I like but the question is the rear with auto leveling option... which are the shocks I need? I have found these ACDelco 503-343 Strut Assembly but not sure if they are the struts that have the auto leveling option???

Thanks, Any help is appreciated. :-)

This is the shopping list I have put together:

2- ACDelco 503-343 Strut Assembly

2-Monroe 902971 Strut-Mate Strut Mounting Kit

2-Monroe 71800 Sensa-Trac Strut

2-Monroe 901990 Strut-Mate Strut Mounting Kit

I think the ACDelco rear shocks would the best since I believe they are the OEM...

Are the strut mounting kits necessary?

Any comments or suggestions??

Edited by NCBRIJEN (see edit history)

I bought the Sensa-Trac shocks for my '86 PA from Rock Auto and they worked out fine. I like the options when buying from them. I bought a set of severe duty shocks for the Impala. Those came through Amazon and the price was great.

I have called Rock Auto and got some really helpful and knowledgeable people. I'm not really that hard to please and they did a lot better job than the slack jawed, gum chewing, knuckle draggers I've dealt with in other places.

Sits pretty good:

post-46237-14314172603_thumb.jpg

Bernie

I bought the Sensa-Trac shocks for my '86 PA from Rock Auto and they worked out fine. I like the options when buying from them. I bought a set of severe duty shocks for the Impala. Those came through Amazon and the price was great.

I have called Rock Auto and got some really helpful and knowledgeable people. I'm not really that hard to please and they did a lot better job than the slack jawed, gum chewing, knuckle draggers I've dealt with in other places.

Sits pretty good:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]174651[/ATTACH]

It was a little squatty in the rear when I got it:

post-46237-143141726035_thumb.jpg

Bernie

"Those came through Amazon and the price was great"

Thanks Bernie. I found the AC Delco OEM struts for the rear on Amazon @ a GREAT price!!.. as well as the Monroe Sensa-tracs for the front.... I have used the Sensa-tracs on my Reatta and really enjoyed the ride so this should be a great paring.....I also purchased the new strut mount hardware as well to really "reset" the ride just like new...:-) I should be getting them on in the next week or so.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by NCBRIJEN (see edit history)