Oval Radiator Brewster Automibiles

Guest '22 Brewster

Guest '22 Brewster

RM Auctions has sold three Oval Radiator Brewster Automobiles in the past few years. One is a Country Club Runabout #41022, a second is a "transformable" #41042, and the third is a 1921 Coupe (only know surviving Brewster Coupe) painted blue. I would like to track these cars down for a Brewster database that I have been updating. Of the 473 Brewster Automobiles built between 1915 and 1925, there are only 24 known to have survived.

I have also been informed that there is a fellow who goes to Hershey ever year wearing a top hat and buys "everything Brewster". If anyone knows who this gentleman is, I'd be happy receive his contact information.

God bless,

Frank

The Old Rhinebeck Aero Drome has a Brewster. Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome | America's Original Living Museum of Antique Airplanes! - Brewster Brougham - 1913The body is set on a Packard Chassies. The age is mislabled. If memory serves me correctly, I think it is a 1931 chassies. Dandy Dave!

Guest '22 Brewster

Thank you for the quick response. I never cease to be amazed at our corporate knowledge regarding automobiles. That Brewster body is #2048 and is on a Packard chassis. Two summers ago I actually went to see the show just to track it down. Sadly, the history of the car was unknown by the Rhinebeck folks. It does, however, appear to be the "Brewster" that was in the movie The Cardinal. The age is most certainly mislabeled since the first Brewster was built in 1915 and body 2048 was probably built in 1920 or '21. Good looking Buick...think that's a Buick...in your photo.

Yes. It is a 1915 Buick C-36 Roadster. I coined her, "The Chartreuse Lady" a number of years ago. She has become quite famous around the Buick circle. She was the cover car for the Buick Bugle in July of 2008 and has rubbed elbows with the Buick Bug and others cars of notoriety. ;) Dandy Dave!