The Amazing Adventures of The Abernathy Kids

Guest T-Head

KidsI.jpg

The Adventures of The Abernathy Kids: These two boys (aged ten and six) supposedly alone, rode their ponies from OK to NYC in 1910. They then drove

a Brush car back home alone. In 1911 they rode horses from NYC to San Francisco and in 1913 rode the Indian Motorcycle from OK to NYC. Read the

fascinating story about them and their father and see more photos and links on theoldmotor.com

BrushX1.jpg

Their parent should have been flogged for allowing such foolishness. What if one, or heaven forbid, both of them had received a boo-boo or gotten a runny nose. They should have been home, eating junk food and playing with their Captain Midnight decoder rings like normal kids

Guest Nancy DeWitt

I LOVE what these boys did. Because we have a 1908 Brush in our museum, I wrote up an exhibit panel about the the Abernathy boys to display by the car, as well as this blog post back in December. We also sell the book Bud & Me: The True Adventures of the Abernathy Boys in our gift shop. It's a fun read and available on Amazon.

Although the boys did indeed ride their horses alone to New York from Oklahoma and drove a Brush back to OK, their father and his driver were following behind in a new Maxwell on the return trip.

I LOVE what these boys did. Because we have a 1908 Brush in our museum, I wrote up an exhibit panel about the the Abernathy boys to display by the car, as well as this blog post back in December. We also sell the book Bud & Me: The True Adventures of the Abernathy Boys in our gift shop. It's a fun read and available on Amazon.

Although the boys did indeed ride their horses alone to New York from Oklahoma and drove a Brush back to OK, their father and his driver were following behind in a new Maxwell on the return trip.

Nancy, thanks for the addition info.