My 1937 McLaughlin Buick spt coupe 46S

wayne045

This car was a body off frame up restoration done by Jerry Johnson in Window Canada. Jerry was getting older and decided it was time to let it go. This car is new top to bottom and drives wonderful. I live in Georgia and I have driven the car when it's been 104 outside and it always runs cool. I have won a bunch of trophy's at most car shows I attend and it always gets a lot of attention. It's just a fun car to drive.I drive down the expressway and let her cruise at 65, everyone passes and checks out the ride.post-80626-143139342196_thumb.jpg

post-80626-143139342051_thumb.jpg

post-80626-143139342069_thumb.jpg

post-80626-143139342084_thumb.jpg

post-80626-1431393421_thumb.jpg

post-80626-143139342116_thumb.jpg

post-80626-143139342132_thumb.jpg

post-80626-143139342148_thumb.jpg

post-80626-143139342164_thumb.jpg

post-80626-14313934218_thumb.jpg

Beautiful car! In my experience the 37-38 Buicks are not only very attractive cars, but excellent driving cars....in the 1970's I owned an original '37 sedan with about 20,000 miles on it, and it was such a pleasure to drive, easy steering, smooth running, and as you say 60 mph was no problem.....congrats on securing such a fine automobile!

• Like 1

Guest Rob McDonald

Lovely, lovely car but could they have made an uglier license plate bracket?! I do like the unusual dealer badge on the back, though. Very tasteful.

Guest shadetree77

Hi Wayne! Nice to finally "meet" you! This car looks familiar to me. I think perhaps it's the one I've drooled on several times over the last summer. Don't worry, I wiped it off with a soft micro-fiber rag. :D I never saw you around when I was looking at it so I never got the chance to introduce myself. Glad to see you've found your way to our forum. Here's a few pictures of your car that I took last summer. I ran into your car....(poor choice of words there). I saw your car at a bunch of local shows last year. I couldn't resist checking it out every time. Hope to see it again this summer. Maybe this time I'll have a car IN the show instead of just being a spectator.

post-75106-143139343063_thumb.jpg

post-75106-143139343072_thumb.jpg

Guest shadetree77

I checked out the listing Wayne but I'm up to my wallet in this '52 right now. Hope she goes to a good home. Good Luck! You gonna' buy another Buick or are you thinking about moving on to other things?

OH MAN, I wish I had a spare 34 grand, I'd be on Hwy 29 heading your way. Beautiful car Wayne. And a McLaughlin at that, wonder how many of them are around?

NOW, that must be some '56 you are replacing it with. Can we see it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Buick-Other-SPECIAL-1937-MCLAGHLIN-BUICK-OPERA-SPORTS-COUPE-46S-RESTORED-/290849028983?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item43b7f3fb77#ht_518wt_1005

Guest Rob McDonald

Lovely '56, a worthy replacement for that sweet '37. Of course, you'll be turfing those unfortunate wheels and installing beautiful full wheel covers, right?

Guest Rob McDonald

WAYNE, I'm teasing! You go ahead and enjoy this gorgeous car anyway you like. It's just one of my pet peeves that there seem to be far more Buicks running around with "Skylark" wire wheels today than there could possibly have been in the 1950's. They're like continental kits, which I like fine - but only on '39 to '48 Lincoln Continentals.

Guest Rob McDonald

WAYNE, yeah, I noticed that they're not actually K-H Skylark-type wires, too. They look more like replicas of mid-to-late '50s Cadillac wheels, with the larger hubs (of which we also see more today than when the cars were new). It doesn't matter though. You recognize that they were not original equipment on your car and you'd never represent them as such. You like the look and that's what counts. You'll only ever slightly regret it when it's time to clean them with a toothbrush!

Could we some interior photos of your latest beauty, maybe on a thread of its own?

Ever wonder what happened to Kelsey-Hayes? It's a great story, with continuing success - http://www.fundinguniverse.com/company-histories/kelsey-hayes-group-of-companies-history/

Edited by Rob McDonald
cool history (see edit history)