Isotta Fraschini car # 1390

Guest Richard Little

Guest Richard Little

This Isotta above was owned by Basil Scully of Groton, Mass years ago, and sold (I believe) by The Old Philadelphia Car Company in perhaps the late 1970s or 1980s.(Chassis #1390, Motor # 1413) I believe it to be around 1928.

A friend of mine has the original Castagna pieces and frames which make this car a convertible sedan (I believe).

I have not asked if he wants money for them.

I have no financial interest in the pieces. I just want them to be with their original car.

Dick Little (603-673-4798) Amherst, New Hampshire

Leave a message, please, as I do not pick up on unrecognized numbers

Guest Paul Keane

I am the current owner of this 1927 Isotta Fraschini 8AS, having purchased the car at a Sotheby's auction in London in 1988. It was in a sorry state and was restored over the following five years.

I spoke to Basil Scully and received a letter from him before he died in January 1989 so I have a little history of the car.

The restored car can be seen at Vintage Cars Ireland Classic Car Collection Cork Ireland

I would be most interested in reuniting the car with its original items so I would be grateful if you would me in touch with your friend.

Hi, my name is Eric Killorin and I visited with Basil 1988 regarding his Aston Martin Ulster and the IF. Here's a photo of myself in the Isotta. Is the coachwork Hibbard & Darrin? Basil was terminally ill at the time and devastated over the prospects of having to sell his two cherished vehicles.

post-59998-143141719122_thumb.jpg

Edited by morepower (see edit history)

Guest Richard Little
Hi, my name is Eric Killorin and I visited with Basil 1988 regarding his Aston Martin Ulster and the IF. Here's a photo of myself in the Isotta. Is the coachwork Hibbard & Darrin? Basil was terminally ill at the time and devastated over the prospects of having to sell his two cherished vehicles.

Hello Eric,

I recognize your name from the vintage/classic scene in New England. I believe Basil's son-in-law told me the window/side pieces were stamped "Castagna", but I have not seen them myself. At any rate, I hope by now the present owner and Basil's son-in-law are in touch. I really felt happy being the facilitator for these parts, as they certainly must fit the car no matter who made it!

Thank you for the photo; it is great.

Best regards,

Dick Little

Guest Paul Keane

The coachwork is by Castagna and I am in touch with Basil's son - in - law so, hopefully, thanks to Dick Little the items will be reunited with the car one day soon.