My Dads car

Guest ponyboy6039

Guest ponyboy6039

Hi all, I am looking for my dads car. It is a 1937 Cadillac that he bought from the Armor Estate ( Armor Star) in Tangly oaks, Lake forest IL. It was Green with black fenders V 12 leather in front mohair in back with divider window and phone.post-90715-143139340175_thumb.jpg Any info would help. my dad is still around he is 86 years old and it would be such treat to know what happened to his first car. Thanks The Pony Boy

You should also post this on the Cadillac Forum, below,

best of luck with your quest - and with honoring your father...

Guest Rob McDonald

Beautiful car! 1937 was the last year for the gorgeous overhead valve V12 engine. Maybe this is just a flattering photograph but this car seems especially handsome for a divider-equipped, chauffeur-driven Cadillac. Looks to me like a relatively short wheelbase club sedan, rather than an ungainly long limousine. I hope you find it.

Slightly off-topic, here's a neat story about the V12 that didn't make it into the '67 Eldorado. Some days, you just wanna box the ears of long-dead product planners, especially at GM. The OHC V12 That Cadillac Almost Built | The Truth About Cars