39 LZ 4 door rear side window

jord

Can anyone explain how the rear vent window goes together. I have the rubber gasket and the window has one peg for the botton as well as the window lock mechanism. Not sure if I'm missing parts or what. Or possibly a good place to look at parts. I have downloaded both Narrangsett and Boos

Thanks again hopefully I will be able to help someone in the future as I am learning a few things

Guest 65Starfire

I think you are missing a pivot pin. The window pivots on two pins (upper and lower) and the lock fixes it from moving. My car is out having the Columbia installed and the interior done but if I get a chance to go over to the shop I will snap a few pics as the assembly is out right now.

Thanks, went looking for some kind of pin and found one that worked,threads half way and smooth on the pivot that seats in the window. Would not have known because I took it apart 25 years ago, but allways kept the nuts and bolts that were removed over the years. Hope to have it back on the road soon. I've had it for 40 years and now my son want's it,kinda cool I think.

Thanks again for all the help