can someone tell what a 1915 Overland 80 touring is worth

v12lincoln

I am looking at a 1915 Overland model 80, body and paint are in very good condition, all running gear is good with the exception of some missing teeth on the starter ring gear. interior and top needs redone, its there but in poor condition. Could use new tires also. car runs and stops like it should and everything works.

Just dont know where to start on an offer.

What are these worth?

Value is always based on what someone is willing to pay. Get the seller to come up with a starting number. You don't want to offend the seller from the start. If it is fair in your mind then you have a point to bargain from. Once that dollar amount is close, then post pictures and ask for opinions based on that starting value. Your final offer should be researched carefully.

Lots of sellers think they are sitting on a gold mine when in fact its more like a bottomless pit.

Good luck, and post some pictures.

I know the car, it is in the family and has been in the family since 1957, problem is Grand Father gave it to a family member that is letting it rot away. I dont want to see this happen as it is a great running car, I know because I do all the maitenance on all of the families old cars (33 of them). I am just looking for what they are selling for in a #3 condition on a 1-5. He is into hotrods so I offered him my 31 model A coupe that I just dropped a new 34 B engine and trans into, besides that its about in the same condition as the Overland.

Nothing is tougher than dealing with family members and all the dynamics involved. Get him out to lunch and ask point blank what it would take to part with Gramps old car. He too may be emotionally attached. If not, let him decide on a price.

Once decided you can accept, get back to him later, or just walk away if it is out of reach.

Good luck, I hope it works out for you.