1990 Great Race Poster...Buick Official Car

progoofoff

Not to hijack this thread but it appears that the poster is sold. My 1990 Reatta convertible that I purchased from the original owner was a Pace Car for the Great American Race. The year of the race is in question. From this poster it appears that a different pace car (than the Reatta convertible) was used in 1990. In the post directly above the poster from the 1989 Great American race depicts a car just like mine. I know that Buick didn't make the Reatta convertible until the 1990 model year. I have a poster from the 1989 Great American Race as well as the decals that were installed on my car for the race.

My question is this, what year(s) were the Reatta convertibles used as Pace Cars for the Great American Race? I suspect the race was held in July so mine could be an early model from the 1990 model year for the 1989 race. Anybody have some enlightenment? Thanks.

Thanks for confirming what I suspected. I don't think that being a Pace Car for The Great American Race makes my car any more valuable, but it is fun to share its history. I did acquire a poster of the 1989 Great Race just like the one pictured above. Now I just have to make a display for this summer's car shows.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...