Sign in to follow this  
cutlasguy

Old Gas Stations 2

That might have been me & my brother my bike :cool: in 1957 - Burlington, Wisconsin. Looks like a Nash in the garage and possibly on the right too.

post-53174-143139322985_thumb.jpg

Edited by DagoRed (see edit history)

DagoRed,

I'd make that a good call, with a 1951 Nash in the Pure Station Bay, and an early Rambleron the right , next to the boat on the trailer.

The car on the left next to the building with the big square windows could be a '50 Chevy 2-door, possibly a convertible?

Dave Mellor,

That shot of the SUNRAY pump and the young lady with the shining 1939 Dodge is great. Since the car and the license plate are both 1939, we can infer that the car may be new, and she may be all dressed up for some special event. Are she and her date who took the photo on their way to the prom? By the shadows of the car and the gas pump, is it mid-morning or mid-afternoon?

THANKS TO YOU BOTH FOR NEAT PICS,

Marty

Here's one that still exists. It is along Rt. 9 in Livingston NY. State Route 9, The Old Post Rd, Also know as Broadway. This is the road that ran between New York City and Albany, New York. This was the route to take before the Taconic Parkway and the N.Y.Thruway, Rt 87. was built. This Little Gas Station was run by The Saulpaugh family who still run the farm right across the street and farm many acres of land on both sides of the Road in this area. Back in the day, there were dozens of these little fill up stations, and Motor Courts/ cabins for rent along the road side. Now only a few remain. Dandy Dave!

post-44142-143143099854_thumb.jpg

post-44142-14314309986_thumb.jpg

post-44142-143143099865_thumb.jpg

Well here's where I grew up this is the first station in the area, and its now the only one that is full service , I mean engine rebuilding

machine shop. My father built this in 1935 still going strong.

sam my father on left my uncle right

post-75497-143143102686_thumb.jpg

post-75497-143143102688_thumb.jpeg

Edited by GK1918 (see edit history)

Well here's where I grew up this is the first station in the area, and its now the only one that is full service , I mean engine rebuilding

machine shop. My father built this in 1935 still going strong.

sam my father on left my uncle right

LIKE!

Nice. You should be able to edit that before gravity flops her off of the foundation. ;) Dandy Dave!

Nice. You should be able to edit that before gravity flops her off of the foundation. ;) Dandy Dave!

Click two times on that image and it will miraculously turn right-side up.

Some great shots. I think this was taken in Branchville, CT.

post-74074-143143107848_thumb.jpg

As many times as I tried clicking this pic it never flipped so I did it the regular way.[ATTACH=CONFIG]308483[/ATTACH]

THANKS

Glad to see you saved it before she slipped off of the face of the earth. Might we say, it was a, "cliff hanger." ;) Dandy Dave!

Some great shots. I think this was taken in Branchville, CT.

Neat. Ready and able to serve you. Fill er up? Dandy Dave!

Picked up my daughter from college and ran across this old station in Miami AZ.

the camping trailer looks similar to the one behind the Pontiac wagon in the first post pic 5.

post-100370-143143108771_thumb.jpg

post-100370-143143108788_thumb.jpg

post-100370-143143108804_thumb.jpg

post-100370-14314310882_thumb.jpg

post-100370-143143108835_thumb.jpg