unknown 6 cyl cooling thing

jajolee

I would like to offer the following observations of the unknown part: (1) The three openings nearest the camera appear not to be spaced the same as the three openings further away - - - This rules out an automobile engine application. (2) If the part were attached in some way to an engine, as a cabin heating device, the part wouldn't have traces of black paint on it - - - The part would be totally rusty like an exhaust manifold. (3) If the part were an automobile cabin heating device, it would have two connections - - - Ambient air inlet and heated air outlet.

Grandpa

I don't think that the unknown part is an automobile engine water distribution manifold since it has outlets on both the top and the bottom. I agree that it could be for water service, since the part appears to be designed for a hose connection at the inlet. Grandpa

• 9 months later...

Your part looks to be nearly identical with the one on the 8 cyl. Minerva. I would imagine they also made a 6 in roughly the same time period. I would hunt down any Minerva engine pictures possible. The design is too unusual to have been used by many others. Greg in Canada