New Years Teasers

60FlatTop

Mr. Earl, You knew tease and the '54 went together, didn't you. I took those pictures in May 2011 when we were auditing the Jamestown, New York school facilities. It was a real neat place right on the main drag, Cresent Motors: Crescent Motors Inc. - Classic Cars @ Classic Prices (716) 665-2420

The owner was friendly and there were car magazines all over the office.

The '54 was a real stand up car. I liked the '49 Super. There was a lot more stuff. I'll put a directory of the pictures up later.

Jamestown, well Celeron, was the birthplace of Lucille Ball.

Not only were the cars neat, but next door was a pizza lunch buffet. What a combination!

Bernie

Well I was wrong, it's a Century, not a Special.... and it's still on the lot... @ $4795 minus the $500 coupon = $4,295. At that price but given the fact it's in the salt belt, and it's still there since last May, says it may be missing its bottom 1/4. The guy to talk to was gone to Rochester to pick up a car, will talk to him later today. Century 4 doors are sorta scarce but all it would take would be for it have a 3 speed, a good original interior and none of the ezeye glass be broken and I could be on I-85 North tomorrow morning and eating pizza tomorrow night. Crescent Motors Inc. - Classic Cars @ Classic Prices (716) 665-2420

They have a couple of 40's for sale too I see.

If you think Jamestown is in the salt belt you should have been with the guy who went to Rochester! Sometimes I wake up during the night and hear my truck rusting.

Here is a directory of all the cars on their lot. Index of /xjs/Dir2/Cresent

It won't take long to figure out I put doubles up. It will give twice the experience.

I remember that '54 being pretty good. As a salt belter, we can smell the bad ones.

Jamestown is a depressed area. I can guarantee those cars have seen more than one May. We do a lot of school work and state aid is based on the economic tax base of the districts. I remember that was one of the highest. Most of the industry was gone and only a large medical center was left. In economies like that some pretty good stuff can sit unsold for a long time. That lot is on Rt. 417 which is bypassed by Interstate 17, 2 miles to the north. Good bye small cities and towns. And, Hey, some changed GM and made all my stock worth nothing. There will be a lot of unsold cars or really good deals in the next few years. My soapbox, better quit while I'm ahead.

Bernie

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)

Makes one wish he had a 3 car trailer and a pocket full of cash. I like this dealers guys taste.

And I see what you mean, these cars have been there awhile. Off the beaten path and the economy must be pretty bad there. Somewhat symbolic of the antique auto market as a whole everywhere right now, cars of Barret-Jackson and Mecum and RM still selling......but Craigs List, eBay and even Hemmings are gathering dust and rust.

I saved this one in the "Buick Art" file. Called it "Lilac through Coral 56" Thanks for sharing Bern.

The dealer didn't return my call or email today, will try again tomorrow.

PS you're 'bout as far from Jamestown as one can get and still be in NY aren't you...

021001.jpg

Mr. Earl you've been on Google maps and found out why you can't stop by if you have a four hour layover at Kennedy Airport. I am about 30 miles from Toronto, Ontario, eh.

My wife and I like driving up to a little town along the Niagara River (the one with the falls) for lunch. Here's Toronto from a rooftop in that town.

Bernie

post-46237-143139322945_thumb.jpg

And here's how you get there with a flattop Buick

post-46237-143139322972_thumb.jpg

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)