Sign in to follow this  
auburnseeker

Wow I must have been a really good boy this year!!!!!! Look what Santa brought!!!

Wow I must have been a really good boy this year. 12:00 Christmas day my present arrived. Funny thing though, Santa got rid of his reindeer and it's not the kind of sleigh I thought he drove. Regardless I'll take it no matter how it's delivered. :cool:

Santa's new sleighpost-43003-143139316083_thumb.jpg

This is the first time I saw itpost-43003-143139316086_thumb.jpg

A couple shots outsidepost-43003-143139316091_thumb.jpg

Headed into her garage stall for the winterpost-43003-143139316093_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the bad photos my wife took them. Her camera always cuts off part of the car.

post-43003-143139316089_thumb.jpg

I had a 57 and loved it. Sold it for $9,000 in 1986 an thought I was happy. Time proved me WRONG.

Enjoy it, but eve if you are over 5'7" you'll look cool while being uncomfortable. A great car for prestiege,

but it was a crummy driver. Life is an adventure and that was a good part of it.

Paul

You simply feel "good" - does not matter if you are driving, or just admiring it !~

Congratulations -- and I'll bet Papa Noel shed a tear, even though he knew it would be in good hands.

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)

"Her camera always cuts off part of the car"

Wifey would cut off parts of me if I had that beauty delivered on Christmas Day!

I'm 6' 1" so driving will be an adventure but I'll be a little uncumfy and still have a smile on my face.

A C1 has been on my list of cars to get someday and I seriously started searching for one 2 months ago.

Expecting to get a cheaper driver, well with every one that didn't pan out I reassessed/stretched my budget (they say buy the best you can afford). Every other car I found had an issue, I either didn't like the color, it was non matching numbers, Had frame or body issues, bad chrome, a powerglide transmission etc. Finally I found this posted on Old Ride. It was over my budget but as more and more cars I found didn't pan out, I started persuing this one.

It's a matching numbers 1960 Fuel injected 4 speed car with factory soft top delete.

I never imagined I would get a fuelie car when I started looking. I assumed they were well out of my budget.

She has new seat covers and carpets, The rest of the original interior is really nice. The chrome is either almost all replated, super nice original pieces or NOS, The paint work is from 1979 and holding up extremely well. Very nice door and hood gaps.

The fuel injection has been recently rebuilt, as well as new brakes, Radial tires, shocks, New aluminized off road exhaust, fuel tank, Fuel pump, and the radiator looks to have been out and reconditioned or it's NOS. There is other recent work I'm sure I'm forgetting.

It's originally from Nevada and has a beautiful frame.

It actually wasn't from Santa but it was delivered Christmas day. I felt bad for the driver's having to deliver it that day but they said because of it's position on the truck it would be a big help if they could deliver it then. I'm sure no one else on these forums would have refused that offer if they were going to be home.

I don't think you could have planned it that way if you tried.

If you think this is good I'll post what they delivered to me on Father's day. Again just timing and not a father's day preasent but another car on my bucket list.

It's going to be a hard year for me to top collector car wise.

Congrats, Auburnseeker!! Can't remember if you mentioned having kids, but if you do, you now need this:

Corvette Go-Cart

We have 2 kids. A boy 5 and a girl 3. He has been asking for a 4 wheeler. I'm sure he would settle for that though. Our house sits on less than a 1/4 acre and the garage takes up alot of it, so the 4 wheeler is out. He has a couple of pedal cars which he actually used quite a bit. We have one longer paved driveway so he had a nice smooth place to ride them.

The shop sits on just under 2 acres but that is 2 miles up the road and I can't keep an eye on him there when I'm working. So we are looking to get a bigger house, ours is very small, with enough property for a shop on it.

That's alot to ask for and still live in town.

My wife said I blew our down payment when I bought this but I sold 2 of my cars this year and replaced them with this so I actually freed up a little space.:) Atleast that's my story.:D