1926 Dodge Coupe - very nice

ligurian

Car is fairly squared away. Front end is tight; steering box is tight; had the cover off the differential and the carrier assembly's in good shape. Haven't started it. Going by the numbers; having the gas tank cleaned and coated; installing new fuel line; rebuilding the vacuum tank. Replacing the water pump/generator coupler. Also, replacing running board rubber. All of this is part of the current asking price. Wiring needs attention and the carb should be rebuilt. Then we'll start it and see what we got, which I'm expecting will be fine, but then we'll revisit the price. emzee

• 3 weeks later...
Guest grneyd_girl

Hello - My father is very interested in this vehicle. Could you please reply to my email so that I could ask some questions.

Thank you!

Hello - My father is very interested in this vehicle. Could you please reply to my email so that I could ask some questions.

Thank you!

Hey there. What would you like to know? If you'd like our communications to be confidential, you can send a private message. ligurian

• 4 weeks later...
The Coupe sold to a nice young fellow from upper midstate Pennsylvania. He likes the 'slow four' very much and is pleased with his purchase.

Thats good to hear, might be you can turn him onto this forum so he can get any help he needs with his new purchase

One thing I noticed about the engine is that it seems to have the air passage way (to the carb through the block) blanked off so no filter. There is an air temp regulator set up directly on the back of the carb carb. I was wondering why someone would do this?

I also noticed half a dozen fuses have been fitted.

Would anyone else have observations we could discuss?

Ray.

Edited by R.White (see edit history)

One thing I noticed about the engine is that it seems to have the air passage way (to the carb through the block) blanked off so no filter. There is an air temp regulator set up directly on the back of the carb carb. I was wondering why someone would do this?

I also noticed half a dozen fuses have been fitted.

Would anyone else have observations we could discuss?

Ray.

The wiring is a mess. The new owner's anxious to make it right. I don't know about the carb although I don't think anything is blanked off.

Nice to see young guys wanting the Dodges. I've always felt that the 1917-27 Dodges were twice the car that the Model T ever was and yet they go for a third of the money and are hard to sell at that. Hobbyists have to do some research before buying the "iconic" Model T. If they did, the old Dodges would be in demand. Oh well... I'm going to delete this thread because I don't know how to change the 'slug' saying the car is for sale. I've received a complaint (see above).

I did. Is that all? People will have to read down to know that the car is no longer available. Is that a problem?

In my opinion that is all you need to do and that is not a problem, you cannot please everyone all of the time and chances are they are reading thru the post anyway to see all the details of the car and will see its sold