Sign in to follow this  
redreattaruss

1065 Riviera Headlamp Motor

Im in need of one, so I guess the bigger question is what do you want for them? and I'm almost afraid to know

they actually make new ones now..about 10 years ago had to have 3 motors to make one motor for mine..cost me around $450 to do it:(

they actually make new ones now..about 10 years ago had to have 3 motors to make one motor for mine..cost me around $450 to do it:(

If redreattaruss is too expensive, where can I find new ones? 10 years ago I should have bought when I found them. Now they are tough to find. Somewhere back then I read parts to rebuild them can be used from Cadillac wing window motors. Others here prob know better..

i had to delete that post..when i had mine done i used 3 cores like i said..someone a few later years told me that they were making them..did just a google search on them..and did see the mention of a cadillac window motor being used on one listing but no new ones.saw one site there must have been 10 people looking for headlight motors.Larry Daisey of Rancho Rivieras maybe the best place to start.He even has a video of him testing a headlight motor on youtube.I have seen that.

I just had a power seat motor for my '64 rebuilt; cost me $60. Works like a champ.

Ed

My problem is the 65 I am doing didnt come with a motor at all, so I need something to start with.

If you buy a used non-working motor be sure that it has all parts that are needed . Re-building the motor itself is just the start of a rebuild . The micro switches are very hard to find as is the main gear inside the transmission that sits on top of the motor . I use to sell these parts seperate but not anymore . I need all I have to rebuild those that come in for complete repair . I also buy 2 or 3 units to complete 1 rebuilt one . I have been rebuilding these for years and the parts are getting harder and harder to find .FYI , if your car is whole and you need to remove the headlight motor - remove the front lic. plate holder and the HL motor will come out between the upper and lower bumper - be carfull of the micro switches. HAPPY NEW YEAR ! :)

Im in the same situation as you Chris. Nothing to start with either in my 65. Has anyone heard from this redreattaruss guy? I sure would like to get my hands on one tho lol

If you buy a used non-working motor be sure that it has all parts that are needed . Re-building the motor itself is just the start of a rebuild . The micro switches are very hard to find as is the main gear inside the transmission that sits on top of the motor . I use to sell these parts seperate but not anymore . I need all I have to rebuild those that come in for complete repair . I also buy 2 or 3 units to complete 1 rebuilt one . I have been rebuilding these for years and the parts are getting harder and harder to find .FYI , if your car is whole and you need to remove the headlight motor - remove the front lic. plate holder and the HL motor will come out between the upper and lower bumper - be carfull of the micro switches. HAPPY NEW YEAR ! :)

So how much do u sell a rebuilt motor for without a core exchange? Not sure how much truth is behind what I read. But it seems Cadillac wing window internals work for rebuilding our headlight motors. I'm sure u have heard that before and u prob know what parts do & don't work.

Ugh, I want one…Santa Claus couldn't even find one to put in my stocking lol

Im in the same situation as you Chris. Nothing to start with either in my 65. Has anyone heard from this redreattaruss guy? I sure would like to get my hands on one tho lol

Check my ebay listings Tuesday about 8 PM Pacific Time. A bunch more stuff will be going on then to close this Sunday with the Riviera parts I already have on eBay.

Search my eBay user ID: chargeruss

And here's a picture of an electric head light motor car. Father bought it from Water's Buick in San Francisco in late 1964.

post-52443-143139317892_thumb.jpg

Your first auction ended, when can we expect to the see the others go up for sale???

Check my ebay listings Tuesday about 8 PM Pacific Time. A bunch more stuff will be going on then to close this Sunday with the Riviera parts I already have on eBay.

Search my eBay user ID: chargeruss

And here's a picture of an electric head light motor car. Father bought it from Water's Buick in San Francisco in late 1964.

HOOK SET!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sadly, he posted this. His first auction has ended and he would still have 7 more to go, but he seems to have vanished. He no longer has anything for sale on Ebay and hasnt answered messages in two days. Thought I found a source for a motor, guess not. Going back to finishing the rebuild until something comes available again. I would have already bought two from him, had he given me a price. Instead he wants to play games. His lose I still have my money ;)

I bid on the last one - kind of glad I didnt win - I buy cores to rebuild and try and keep a couple done on the shelf . :confused:Strange how he vanished ?

Dick Sweeney, do u have any for sale now? Chris Nolan, myself & I'm sure there are others who are interested. How much do u ask for one?

Thanks for your interest however I do not quote prices on the forum . May I suguest that those that need parts check with the advertised vendors in The Bugle or The Review - they have many parts sitting on the shelf to help those that have the need . Larry Daisey and Gene Gunere are just a couple that come to mind . If you dont have a motor now , you may or maynot need the correct brackets , harness , relays or ??? . Check with your tech advisors if you are not sure what you need as well . If you have ANY questions you can email me or call .I am more then happy to assist with any issues re 63-65 Riviera .

I bid on the last one - kind of glad I didnt win - I buy cores to rebuild and try and keep a couple done on the shelf . :confused:Strange how he vanished ?

I haven't vanished. I'm still shipping out the parts from auction. Then a week or two to get back to normal. I'll try to put some more Riviera parts on eBay in a couple of weeks, but mostly different smaller items. Yes, I'll put another headlight motor up. I've come across some '65 GS (also an option on non GS) Riviera lower rocker mouldings and a really nice original wood steering wheel. Also a bunch of complete cruise control units and remote L & R side mirrors.

I'll let you know when the parts go on auction. This weekend I'm replacing the 2" long hose that goes on the AC equipped fuel filter on the dual quad setup. Should take 5 minutes. Don't like to mess with cars like I used to years ago. :D

Thanks for your interest however I do not quote prices on the forum . May I suguest that those that need parts check with the advertised vendors in The Bugle or The Review - they have many parts sitting on the shelf to help those that have the need . Larry Daisey and Gene Gunere are just a couple that come to mind . If you dont have a motor now , you may or maynot need the correct brackets , harness , relays or ??? . Check with your tech advisors if you are not sure what you need as well . If you have ANY questions you can email me or call .I am more then happy to assist with any issues re 63-65 Riviera .

Ok sooooooo do u have a headlamp motor on hand right now or not??

I am new to this stuff but I am a ROA now and I thought you were my Tech Advisor??

I have reached Larry Daisey and he does not have any motors. I guess I will have to go thru the Review like you suggested to find others who can help me.

I have what I think is all the linkage for the headlamp covers, electrical harness and one bracket. Not sure if there are more than one bracket. I will look into it.

(Looks like Reatta guy reappeared, hello again)

Well thank you Dick Sweeney

David

At this point I'll just rebuild mine and not have a motor. Its disheartening that everyone wants to be secretive about what they have or dont have available or wants to hoard the items to jack up the prices. I thought the community was about helping each other and instead headlight motors are nothing but the disgusting greed of people. You have people obvious interested in the items and the chance to make something off what you have but instead its Waiting on Ebay auctions so you can make the most for the item rather then help a fellow car enthusiast out.

I ordered a bunch of other parts now, so I dont have the money to buy anything even if it was available.

Rocker panel moldings on a '65 Riviera are part of the custome interior package, not a Gran Sport, or single item option.

At this point I'll just rebuild mine and not have a motor. Its disheartening that everyone wants to be secretive about what they have or dont have available or wants to hoard the items to jack up the prices. I thought the community was about helping each other and instead headlight motors are nothing but the disgusting greed of people. You have people obvious interested in the items and the chance to make something off what you have but instead its Waiting on Ebay auctions so you can make the most for the item rather then help a fellow car enthusiast out.

I ordered a bunch of other parts now, so I dont have the money to buy anything even if it was available.

Really? It's like I owe you something. Sorry, but the reality is I owe no one anything. My father and I had the insight to collect early Riviera parts in the 60's and 70's when they were plentiful. In going through my father's and my stuff, I come across the parts and make them available to others.

I prefer selling parts and cars on eBay. I'm just a part time seller and usually only sell Nova and Riviera parts around New Years. It's a real hassle; I've spend a good week full time locating parts, photographing the parts, writing descriptions, and worst of all the 3 days packing and shipping the parts.

Don't give me that, "Ah, poor Russ, he complains all the way to the bank." You are not obligated to purchase any of my parts, nor am I obligated to sell any parts. I am not a dealer. I am not a business. Just trying to unload too much stuff. :(

I have two complete ready to go on the shelf but I do NOT use the forum to promote my hobby/business . Thank You ,

Rocker panel moldings on a '65 Riviera are part of the custome interior package, not a Gran Sport, or single item option.

Good information, RivNut. This site list option A50:

1965 Buick Riviera Optional Equipment

So, it looks like the fancy vinyl seats received the rocker option. Thus, a non or GS Riviera could or could not have the rocker mouldings.

Thanks for the information.