Sign in to follow this  
brich2929

FS-1941 Cadillac 60S

Up for sale is a 1941 Cadillac Series 60S.

This car has had the Original Cadillac V8 replaced with a GM 350 V8 and a 700R4 Automatic Transmission with vintage air conditioning. The steering is still manual as are the brakes. giving a new owner many options on where to take this car. The sky is the limit! The car originally hailed from California, and is rust-free as a result. The body was sandblasted prior to paint, and received a new grey tweed interior that approximates the Original '41 Interior fairly well. The body is straight and the Chrome and stainless is in very nice condition.The window sills still sport their real wood, a rarity in most cars- this is not painted wood-grain! The dash is painted body color (A modern Ford color called Smokestone). The Original gauge clusters/radio are all in place in the dash although most are not in working condition, and may just have been disconnected during the 12V Conversion process. The previous owner tastefully installed modern Aux gauges for essential readouts like temp, gas gauge, etc.

The engine runs strong, and the transmission shifts smoothly. The newly rebuilt brakes stop her effectively. The long hood echoes grace (as does the Goddess Ornament) and achieves thumbs-up status from passers-by and pedestrians alike.

The car has recently had completed some drivability and minor upgrades (Under my ownership) as follows:

A short list is as follows:

4 New American Classic WWW Radials

Brakes fully rebuilt/serviced

New Wheel bearings

New Electric Carburetor Choke

New Electrical system Cutoff Switch Added

New Battery

Added Turn Signals with 4 way flashers, front and rear

Underseat heaters restored and reinstalled (just need plumbing reconnected)

New Glovebox liner

New Taillight Jewels

New Air Filter

Restored Cadillac Hood Emblem

New Electric Wipers from Newport Engineering

Spare Fender Skirt (The original Passenger skirt was damaged during shipping to me), I purchased a good used skirt at a cost of $1500)

Some spare parts including New Trim, hubcaps and new Cadillac/Fleetwood lettering from AllCads will be included in the sale.

Asking price has been reduced to $14,500

This is your chance to get into a relatively rare car at a great price. All of the hard work has already been done but there's still some minor things left for a car guy to do. You can drive this car as is on tours, cruise ins, parades, etc. She runs great! Its kind of the best of both worlds, as it could be put back to original with minimal effort if one were so inclined.

I Can assist in shipping anywhere in the WORLD.

Car is located in West Chester, PA. call me for more details. 610-416-4634.

Photos can be seen at Flickr: brich2929's Photostream

Edited by brich2929
updated price! (see edit history)

I had more than a thousand people walk by my '63 Corvette for sale at Hershey without making comments (although some did and the 1001st bought the car). Just means at this point no one's interested. To a lot of people on this forum the car you have for sale is just another hot rod......that still needs work....and the two tone paint doesn't help very many late 30's and 40's cars...

Hey, you asked for a comment!

Good luck, hope it finds a good home.....

brich,

No one is interested in your car becauase it is a hot rod. If it would have had its original engine and gauges, for starters, people here would probably be all over it. Try a different site and you'll have better luck.

Thanks for the replies. The car does have its original gauges, all in place in the dash. As stated in the description, they had been disconnected, likely because of the 12v conversion. I bought the car as is, and have only done work that is needed to get it to pass a state inspection and be drivable on roads.

I am open to offers, even as at the price I'm asking, I'm taking a significant loss.