Dodge Brothers cars in the UK

Guest occrj

Guest vitadex

I am currently restoring a 4 dr 1932 Chrysler CI 6, which was sold new in the UK. It has rhd, leather interior, Lucas lights and sunroof. The story I have heard about it was that it was made as a special order and sold new to a aristocrat. It have a stamp on the instuction book that say "Kingston model" "export".

My car was exported to Norway in 1936 and after that exported to Sweden.

I am currently restoring a 4 dr 1932 Chrysler CI 6, which was sold new in the UK. It has rhd, leather interior, Lucas lights and sunroof. The story I have heard about it was that it was made as a special order and sold new to a aristocrat. It have a stamp on the instuction book that say "Kingston model" "export".

My car was exported to Norway in 1936 and after that exported to Sweden.

Got any photos of that fine car to share??

Guest vitadex

I started a thread in the general discussion when I first got it. http://forums.aaca.org/showthread.php?t=342638&p=1115650#post1115650

But I mislabeld it as a cm. After that theadpost, I did another journey to the previous owner (a 14 hour drive one way) and got the correct engine and all the smaller parts. I will make a thead about it in Chrysler/Mopar later.

Hallo Dodge-Freunde in aller Welt .Mein nahme ist Peter K.Ich lebe in Deutschland in der nähe von München.Dort wo es das gute Erdinger Weissbier gibt. Schon lange besuche ich dieses Forum und habe schon viel über die guten beiträge und Kameradschaft erfahren.

In Deutschland gibt es leider wenig Lektüre über Dodge fast gar nichts.

Mein Auto ist ein Dodge Tourer 1925 und kommt ursprünglich aus Australien.

Ich liebe mein blue Car und habe es mir zu meinen 60 geburtstag selber geschenkt

Hello Dodge lovers the world over. My exception is Peter K.Ich live in Germany near München.Dort where there is the good Erdinger Weissbier. For a long time I visit this forum and have learned a lot about the good contributions and camaraderie.

In Germany there is unfortunately little reading about Dodge almost nothing.

My car is a Dodge Tourer in 1925 and is originally from Australia.

I love my blue car and have it given to me for my 60th birthday itself

Nice looking car Peter

• 1 month later...

Hi Ray,

Only just catching up with the forum. The California Connection car looks ok, AFAIK the US cars switched to coil ignition long before the export ones were swapped over from mag to coil. Overall I prefer the car in your second link, a lot more proven if the description is anything to go by. :)

RJ

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Good Old Days

Nice DB! My father owned a 1924 touring wirth nearly the same history, he bought it in the UK. The car was delivered newin Ne Sealand, had a copper sign from the dealer on the dashboard. i sold it after he died, but still know the owner here in the Netherlands, I will check for photos for you, or scan old ones. The car was black at first, my father changed it in red and black. Btw the radiator shold be black and not chrome in that era! Is nice to see, but Dodge was not such a luxory car in that age . Will be back with more info for you.

kind regards,

carine

• 7 months later...

The original engine comes with the car. Would make a nice sister car to mine. There seems to be less demand for traditional wedding cars these days - probably not enough in it as a one man business - except in the summer months. Otherwise a good buy with RHD.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-wedding-car-dodge-brothers-1928-/221572131767?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

Ray.

Edited by R.White (see edit history)