Jolly_John

'39 Buick Team Membership??

I'll join your group if you help each other. 39pickels

Welcome aboard. Just go to the instructions in post 3 to join

And we like photos :o

I'll join your group if you help each other. 39pickels

You will find '39 Team Buick members are the most helpful on the Forum. All you have to do is post your issue or question and put '39 Buick somewhere in the post's title and you will get responses from knowledgeable '39 owners. Look forward to seeing photos and hearing about your car.

Greetings and welcome aboard 39pickles.

Tell us about your beasty.

Danny

Hi!! :P

It is suggested that I join this Buick 39 Group but HOW shall I proceed??

Can anybody help? :o

Thanks

Larsg

It is suggested that I join this Buick 39 Group but HOW shall I proceed??

Can anybody help? :o

Just as post 3 to change the text under your name!

You qualify

To be a member you need an appreciation of '39 Buick's. Apart from that, no other requirements. The '39 Buick Team only exists here in the forum.

To join edit the text under your name to '39 Buick Team Member. That's all it is

Click on your name (top right)

My settings

Profile settings

Profile info: add '39 Team member

Then shows under you name in a post

From July 27 to July 30, 2016 the BCA annual meet, celebrating 50th anniversary of the Buick Club of America, was held in Allentown, PA. The venue was Nicola Bulgari’s private car collection – restoration centre in a former drive in movie complex (20 acres). A lot of very nice cars in the Bulgari collection and on the show field. Mr Bulgari has a 1939 model 61 with ~14,250 (original) miles.

At the BCA meet there was 4 off 1939 Buick's. A series 90 Limited (owned by ’39 team member jckBuick55(Jeff)), 2 off series 80 Roadmaster's and 1 Century model 61 (owned by ’39 team member JohnRMurray (John)). Was surprised there was not any series 40’s at the meet.

One car had a very good dash. Hard to get like that.

While at the meet is was good to meet with ’39 team members Dynaflash8 (Earl, FL), fordman2 (Geoff, NZ) and bushocker (Ron, PA). There may have been others which I did not meet. Fordman (Geoff. NZ) managed to purchase, at a very good price, a  set of ’39 fender lights. Bushocker (Ron) had a site on the flea market and was selling a few ’39 parts with his other items and looking for other ‘39 series 40 parts (bumper supports).

After the meet I called in on ’39 team member 39Buickeight (Billy) in KY to have a look at the ongoing restoration on his model 41.  It was good to meet Billy (after corresponding for some years), his number 1 restoration worker (Billy’s father), and Duke the very friendly dog.  A lot of work to do, but the work done to date is very good.  That wrecked car purchased for parts helped a lot. With some skills you can do a lot in a (largish) garage.

Later I meet up with ’39 team member jvelde (John, TX) for a coffee near DFW airport, before catching my flight home. John’ 1939 46 was been worked on, so did not see it. John kindly dropped me off at airport, with my 2 x 47lb bags (Buick parts are heavy !!).

BCA 2019 1939.jpg

BCA 2019 1939_b.jpg

BCA 2019 1939_dash.jpg

Edited by 1939_Buick
added images (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Wow, sounds like a trip to heaven and back Al.

Great report and nice to see so many '39s at once.

Danny

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 1:37 AM, 1939_Buick said:

After the meet I called in on ’39 team member 39Buickeight (Billy) in KY to have a look at the ongoing restoration on his model 41.  It was good to meet Billy (after corresponding for some years), his number 1 restoration worker (Billy’s father), and Duke the very friendly dog.  A lot of work to do, but the work done to date is very good.  That wrecked car purchased for parts helped a lot. With some skills you can do a lot in a (largish) garage.

It was fantastic meeting you Allen!  Thanks for the goodies and I'm glad you arrived back home safely.

Can>   39_Buick,  please email me passan74@comcast.net about the bumperettes I have for sale