'39 Buick Team Membership??

Jolly_John

From July 27 to July 30, 2016 the BCA annual meet, celebrating 50th anniversary of the Buick Club of America, was held in Allentown, PA. The venue was Nicola Bulgari’s private car collection – restoration centre in a former drive in movie complex (20 acres). A lot of very nice cars in the Bulgari collection and on the show field. Mr Bulgari has a 1939 model 61 with ~14,250 (original) miles.

At the BCA meet there was 4 off 1939 Buick's. A series 90 Limited (owned by ’39 team member jckBuick55(Jeff)), 2 off series 80 Roadmaster's and 1 Century model 61 (owned by ’39 team member JohnRMurray (John)). Was surprised there was not any series 40’s at the meet.

One car had a very good dash. Hard to get like that.

While at the meet is was good to meet with ’39 team members Dynaflash8 (Earl, FL), fordman2 (Geoff, NZ) and bushocker (Ron, PA). There may have been others which I did not meet. Fordman (Geoff. NZ) managed to purchase, at a very good price, a  set of ’39 fender lights. Bushocker (Ron) had a site on the flea market and was selling a few ’39 parts with his other items and looking for other ‘39 series 40 parts (bumper supports).

After the meet I called in on ’39 team member 39Buickeight (Billy) in KY to have a look at the ongoing restoration on his model 41.  It was good to meet Billy (after corresponding for some years), his number 1 restoration worker (Billy’s father), and Duke the very friendly dog.  A lot of work to do, but the work done to date is very good.  That wrecked car purchased for parts helped a lot. With some skills you can do a lot in a (largish) garage.

Later I meet up with ’39 team member jvelde (John, TX) for a coffee near DFW airport, before catching my flight home. John’ 1939 46 was been worked on, so did not see it. John kindly dropped me off at airport, with my 2 x 47lb bags (Buick parts are heavy !!).

BCA 2019 1939.jpg

BCA 2019 1939_b.jpg

BCA 2019 1939_dash.jpg

Edited by 1939_Buick
added images (see edit history)
  • Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 1:37 AM, 1939_Buick said:

After the meet I called in on ’39 team member 39Buickeight (Billy) in KY to have a look at the ongoing restoration on his model 41.  It was good to meet Billy (after corresponding for some years), his number 1 restoration worker (Billy’s father), and Duke the very friendly dog.  A lot of work to do, but the work done to date is very good.  That wrecked car purchased for parts helped a lot. With some skills you can do a lot in a (largish) garage.

It was fantastic meeting you Allen!  Thanks for the goodies and I'm glad you arrived back home safely.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Most links in post 5 have been updated for the software change of a while ago.

Not many links to new threads of the last few years. That will come.

Some of the existing links may get deleted if they have little interesting content

Post 3 of links to '39 Buick team members still to be done.

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)

Haven't posted anything for the Buick Team in a couple or few years.  I've sold both my

39 46C and 41C, but I still have my trusty side mounted '39 41 with leather interior high school car.  Have had some health issues since 2014 but seem to be doing okay now.  At 82, I just felt I had to start cutting back.  I've had one or more 1939 Buicks almost every year since 1955 and Dad had one from 1941-1951.  So, I'm dyed in the wool '39 Buick all the way.

IMG_0009 (2).JPG

• Like 2