Need help identifying Vintage Mopar Shock Absorbers

Guest Jersey Jalopy

Guest Jersey Jalopy

I have a pair of New Old Stock Mopar shock absorbers still in original boxes. Part number on the box is 1881 996. Can anyone tell me what they fit???

2___ ___ series part numbers started in 1960, 3-series numbers started in 1970, so looks like yours might be from 1958? When I looked at an online Chrysler Corp. car parts book for 1958, the numbers weren't high enough, but there were some 1881 ___ shock absorber part numbers in the 1959 car parts manual . . . just NOT that one. 1960 numbers were higher numbers, though. Possibly they might be from a 1959 Dodge pickup?

Happy Holidays!

NTX5467

Guest Jersey Jalopy
2___ ___ series part numbers started in 1960, 3-series numbers started in 1970, so looks like yours might be from 1958? When I looked at an online Chrysler Corp. car parts book for 1958, the numbers weren't high enough, but there were some 1881 ___ shock absorber part numbers in the 1959 car parts manual . . . just NOT that one. 1960 numbers were higher numbers, though. Possibly they might be from a 1959 Dodge pickup?

Happy Holidays!

NTX5467

Hello,

Thank you for trying to help me out. I pretty much found the same info that you found. I have a number of Chilton Flat Rate & parts manuals from the late 50's to the mid 60's & I couldn't find that part number either. I also am beginning to think that they are for a truck especially since I had picked up another pair at the same place with a much lower number that where clearly marked on the box as fitting late 40's early 50's Dodge truck. Unfortunately the manuals I have don't list part numbers for trucks.

I do appreciate your effort.

Happy Holidays to you.

Regards

Bill