91 Reatta with 71k miles for $3600, white on red

cjp69

NOT MINE91 Buick Reatta

This 1991 Buick Reatta, 2 door coupe is equipped with a 3.8 liter, 6cylinder F.I. gas enigine, automatic transmission with overdrive, power steering, power windows,power locks, power mirrors, cruise control, tilt steering wheel, rear defogger, air conditioning with climate control, power aniti-lock brake system, driver side airbag, remote trunk release, AM/FM stereo with in-dash CD cassette player, keyless entry with alarm system,center console, lighted entry, power driver seat, leather bucket seats, tinted glass and alloy weheels. The paint color is white with red interior. Has 71,355 miles,Clean title, Also has been kept in garage since owned.

Asking $3600 OBO

Please contact Jim at 503-396-1834 <!-- START CLTAGS -->

Guest Metricwrencher
I assume car is in WA.

I would own it if it were nearby!

Anyone want to drive it to GA?

The car is actually in Scappoose, Oregon, not too far from Portland and across the Columbia River from Ridgefield, WA. It would have been nice if "Mr. Jim" put a little more information in his ad. But I guess if folks are seriously interested they will give him a call to discuss the history and condition of the '91. Older vehicles in Washington and Oregon can be in in really good shape if they are maintained, and garaged. But if they are left out in the elements or regularly used as "mountain" cars in they can have moisture and rust problems. Still, this price seems right to me if the car is in good shape.

• 1 month later...

Too bad guys. It is mine.:D I drove down from the Seattle Area and brought it home yesterday, 1/28/2013).

I joined the forum today and will be seeking advice on minor fixes that need to be made. The trunk appears to have never been open, but the headliner is loose and the car has the usual headlight problem. I would like suggestions as to where I should purchase the repair kit.

This vehicle was well worth the price (LESS THAN $3600), and I look forward to many years use. In fact, I would consider buying another, but it would have to be a 1991.

Too bad guys. It is mine.:D I drove down from the Seattle Area and brought it home yesterday, 1/28/2013).

I joined the forum today and will be seeking advice on minor fixes that need to be made. The trunk appears to have never been open, but the headliner is loose and the car has the usual headlight problem. I would like suggestions as to where I should purchase the repair kit.

This vehicle was well worth the price (LESS THAN $3600), and I look forward to many years use. In fact, I would consider buying another, but it would have to be a 1991.

Congratulations! That was a nice car at a great price.

In regards to your maintenance/repair questions, ask away. This is the most helpful car forum I know of. As for sources (and resources) for your Reatta (i.e. headlight concerns), go to this sticky in the Reatta forum (http://forums.aaca.org/f116/reatta-resources-287447.html); where you'll find a variety of people and/or vendors who can help you with most any item your car needs.

The reception has been warm and I really appreciate the help recieved on this forum.

There were many minor things to do on the Scapoose car, but I got it for $3100 (when I believe $3600 was reasonable), so the way I look at it I have $500 to put into it.

Dome light cover, light switch, courtesy lights on the rear view mirror, pushed-in foglight, pin striping, peeling paint on two lug nut covers... I am working my way through the list and learning. I bought the car for my wife, but won't let her have it yet.;)

Guest Metricwrencher

Dear Professor Charley,

That sounds like one really skookum Reatta from Scappoose. You should enjoy doing the minor repairs and your wife will appreciate your hard work once she gets a chance to get in the drivers seat. Perhaps, you, Ol Yeller and I could rendezvous in the future to examine our respective white Reattas and swap stories. Congratulations on your find!

Don

Hey, I'm in. Don't forget SeanR. I think he lives on the eastside. I live on the Redmond Ridge but I always am up for a drive! I'm retired so I can meet anytime. I could also propose a Reatta Rendezvous for the Puget Sound and the North Cascades Chapters of the BCA if you wanted.

Greg

Dear Professor Charley,

That sounds like one really skookum Reatta from Scappoose. You should enjoy doing the minor repairs and your wife will appreciate your hard work once she gets a chance to get in the drivers seat. Perhaps, you, Ol Yeller and I could rendezvous in the future to examine our respective white Reattas and swap stories. Congratulations on your find!

Don

...and when ya'll get together, you can plan your route for coming to the Reatta Rally in Los Angeles June 23rd. :D

I've been debating about going to that. My problem is I'm not sure my health can stand that much driving. I think my wife is still working on that day (at a school) so she can't with drive me. I don't think she would let me go alone. There is also the added complication of King Greg Week as my 60th birthday is on the 24th. Still, it would be cool to go. We are all going to Disneyland with the grandkid the end of this month.

...and when ya'll get together, you can plan your route for coming to the Reatta Rally in Los Angeles June 23rd. :D

Guest Metricwrencher
Don,

Basically, I have lived my life in Tukwila. Where ub?

Charlie T

Charlie,

I reside in the "City of Subdued Excitement", Bellingham. There are some nice backroads up here that are great for cruising, not the least of which is Chuckanut Drive. Something to consider for a future get-together is the Memorial Day Ski-to-Sea race and Car show at Boulevard Park. I think it would be cool to have a few Reatta on display along with the usual Packards, Studebakers, Corvettes and Mustangs. I am also willing to meet-up in Seattle area if you guys are interested.

I'm planning on driving to So. Cal for Ervin's organized Reatta gathering in June. The Reatta is a great road car, and I've made the two day trip previously without any problem. Contact me if your interested in a caravan to the warm and sunny Southland.

I'm trying to keep track who is up for a rendezvous by the end of February. The weather has been quite reasonable for this time of the year and I would really like to meet fellow Reatta owners and make future plans, including CA in June.

Metric Wrencher, Ol' Yeller, Bushwack, Sean R... Am I getting this correctly?

One Suggestion: Let's drop in on some Buick dealers, unannounced. Thus far it appears from the sales people to mechanics, they are ignorant about Reattas. In fact, that might be a good place to set off from....(?)

Second Suggestion: Let's set the itinerary (route) off until we know who is coming from where to make it convenient for the most.

Third Suggestion: Tentative Date: Saturday, February 23.

What say the group?

Good to hear from all you NW Reatta owners....... if you have not heard.... the 2014 BCA National Meet will be in Portland. No date or location has been published. That info is usually held off until this years event. We had a great time a few years back when the meet was in Bellevue

I am going to a meeting this morning about the Portland National. It will be exciting to have one that close to home. I'd love to help arrange a local meet. Later today, I'll start a new post in the Reatta section of this forum. Metricwrencher, both my girls graduated from WWU in Bham. It is one of my favorite college towns. It would be fun to display my car alongside yours at the Chuckanut show. Don't forget the All Buick Open held in June in Puyallup. I'm not sure of the date, usually it is around the middle of the month. The show is hosted by the Puget Sound Chapter and displays over 100 Buicks, old to new regardless of the weather.

Good to hear from all you NW Reatta owners....... if you have not heard.... the 2014 BCA National Meet will be in Portland. No date or location has been published. That info is usually held off until this years event. We had a great time a few years back when the meet was in Bellevue

According to http://www.buickclub.org/portland/events.html the Portland National Meet will be July 23-26th, 2014. I am hoping to attend too. (Unfortunately, I just heard through the grapevine that the Porsche Club of Americas annual Parade is going to be in Monterey, Cal in 2014. Am praying that the dates don't conflict, but won't know for a few months....)

We have Reatta owners drive their cars to the meet and some show them and some just drive. We had about 25 Reattas on the Rendezvous in Charlotte. South Bend will be lots of Reattas as Michigan and Ohio are the two states with the highest Reatta registration.

Drive'um or Show'um just bring your Reattas to BCA events.

• 1 month later...

One Reatta wasn't enough. The bride quit driving our 1996 Taurus so I made a straight swap in Kelso Saturday... I drove home a silver/gray 1990 with good bones that needs a lot of cosmetic attention. I didn't really need more to keep me busy, but perhaps it will help keep me young.

BTW: I still want another 1991, but when I compare what I got for $3100 (not the $3600 asked) in Scapoose, I can't duplicate the deal.