Sign in to follow this  
Ron Green

2013 Carlisle National Spring Meet Info = PA Vehicles Featured

Go to the home page, sign in, go to meet registration, go to show info and there is a printable flier

Ron, what is the deadline for getting flea market spaces and is it already to late, thanks.

From our meet chairman: Deadline is April 30, although we will not turn down flea market vendors who show up for the meet as long as they are either willing to join AACA on the spot, or are already members.

From our meet chairman: Deadline is April 30, although we will not turn down flea market vendors who show up for the meet as long as they are either willing to join AACA on the spot, or are already members.

Got it Ron, thanks for your prompt response.

It's noted on the registration there is a $20 fee for trailer parking on the fairgrounds. The hotel I've chosen has limited trailer parking on a first-come basis. My question is, can the $20 fee be collected when I arrive in Carlisle, in the event my hotel lot is full, or must I pre-pay in advance when I register? Or I may just drive the car out.

Since we are expanding to other area nearby hotels they have asked that there be no trailer parking in their lots since many will be full. Typically the lots are not designed with too many extra parking spaces especially with trailers that can take 4 spaces plus at a time.

With that said and to answer your question: yes you will be able to pay for trailer parking the day of arrival if not already prepaid.

Ron, unless I missed it, the flyer states what gates to bring in the trailers, show cars and parking.(gates 1,2,3 respectively)

What gate should vendors go to for checking in???

Thanks

From the meet chairman: “All 3 gates will be open all 3 days. People will be available to direct those to each area. Gate 2 would be closest to the flea market.”

From the meet chairman: “All 3 gates will be open all 3 days. People will be available to direct those to each area. Gate 2 would be closest to the flea market.”

Thanks, I appreciate it!!!!

Ron Green, I gather from the questions about Volkswagens built in Pa. (and after looking at the list of Pa. vehicles) that Pa. built Volkswagens will not be on display with the other Pa. built vehicles? If I'm correct no problem as I'll still bring my DPC '84 Rabbit to the show if I can get the water pump fixed before registration closes.

Incidently I like the idea of a special display for Pa. built vehicles.

From discussing this with the meet chairman and from my previous post below we would like a few VW’s to consider.

“we certainly understand that VW manufacturing is a part of PA history so consideration would be given (possibly a Rabbit car and pick-up) to a few select VW’s for display with signage noting the PA connection”

I noticed that trailer parking opens at 9 am on the Wednesday before this meet.

Has the Carlisle Fairgrounds management given the Gettysburg Region a time when the gates will be closed/locked in the evenings on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday?

Just wondering because some AACA members may be arriving late since they have to leave after work on one of these days.

Thanks.

Charlie,

We discussed this at the last meeting a few weeks ago and rather than misquote the time (plus I am the youth activity chair) I have a question into the appropriate people. Hold tight answer coming.

We are in the process of reviewing and finalizing many things such as traffic flow, parking, meet logistics, signs, direction of arrows on signs, etc, etc. Regarding your question:

Enter Gate 1 for trailer parking which will be manned by Gettysburg Region personnel until 6:00 PM Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. If arriving after this hour there will either be additional Gettysburg Region personnel in place or signs directing you to the trailer parking area. Gate 1 will be open throughout the event with hired security officers overnight.

Ron,

Thank You Very Much for posting this information!

Some questions that are very important to me.

1. Will there be a car corral and flea market on Friday?

2. Will the packets be available at the fairgrounds on Friday or only at the host hotel?

3. Do we still enter at gate#2 on Saturday?

My buddy and I would like to come down on the Friday before the meet, but only if the trip down and back is worthwhile. We will both be there with our cars on Saturday.

Thanks

Some questions that are very important to me.

1. Will there be a car corral and flea market on Friday? Yes: 8:00 am till 5:00 pm daily beginning Thursday, and from 8:00 am till 3:00 pm on Saturday

2. Will the packets be available at the fairgrounds on Friday or only at the host hotel? Host hotel. Available on Saturday at the fairgrounds

3. Do we still enter at gate#2 on Saturday? For the flea marker of Saturday show? Either way we will have people posted plus signs to guide you.

All the food vendors will be under the grandstand at the food court. A few will be open and enough to keep the lines manageable. I believe the ones on the end that make the huge ham and cheese sandwiches and excellent soup will be there.

Ron, any idea how many cars are enter in the car show for this meet?

IIRC, the last meet hosted by the Gettysburg Region at Gettysburg, PA was around 850 or so.

Kinda curious as to how the two meets compare entry wise.

Q: I'm showing my car on Saturday, but I do not own a trailer and plan on driving my car to Carlisle on Friday. Is there parking within the showgrounds on Friday so I can park my show car during the day?

To clarify: a few food vendors will be open the day of show on Saturday under the grandstands. For Thursday and Friday there is a decent dinner a short walk just outside of Gate 1.

Charlie: car counts are down. There are approximately 775 cars registered not counting all the PA vehicles so we are around 800 total. At Gettysburg a few years ago we had close to 900 and the last time we had it at the Carlisle Fairgrounds (I believe 2003) there were 1200 registered.

<O:pHursst: yes you can park at the fairground starting on Thursday. If you need a ride to a hotel go to the motor home by building T and one of the region members will see you get a ride.