Sign in to follow this  
odat

32 163 total restoration

I striped some paint today useing spray stripper and rags to go layer by layer.

I found black over black over very dark blue over the originial color of my first choice of a close Washington blue. This was so much fun to discover. Then I went to the belt line and found a birdsegg blue. Not my choice but could look interesting and happy! I still think that the darker belt line will look more regal.

Any thoughts???

What brand spray paint remover did you use ? I would like to try it on my project to see if i can discover what the original color was on my car.

New problem with the wheels.

I have got the rim looking great except the outer most part of the rim. You all know where I am speaking of. It is the area where over the last 80 years people have use everything from screwdrivers to bumperjacks to pry off the retainer rings. My question is what is the best way to fix all the divets and gouges. I have smoothed out as much as I can without going deeper than originial surface. Should I fill the dents with weld. (or is heat bad?) If I use filler how can I remount the wheels without damage? JB weld?

Also would you buy new chrome rings or re chrome the old ones. The cost is close but I do not know if the new one are as good as the originials.