Sign in to follow this  
Bob Kinker

1966 Dodge A-100 pickup

I finally found one!!! Had to go to Florida to get it, but I needed to make a road trip. It's a 1966 A-100, the previous owner was going to make a "Little Red Wagon" type vehicle out of it. He had stripped down, ready to start it's restification. Unfortunately, he passed away before any more could be done to it. My plans are to put it back reasonably close to stock, using it's "leaning tower of power" & automatic. Body work will start sometime early next year. Enjoy the pics. I will update as progress is made.

post-30986-143139289795_thumb.jpg

post-30986-143139289792_thumb.jpg

post-30986-143139289798_thumb.jpg

NICE!! I love my '67 A100 318 V8 automatic, original except for the layers of extra paint and the wheels. Mine was originally Desert Turquoise with a white stripe. You will LOVE driving it.

post-37352-143139289813_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Restoration Specialties can supply you with all the correct door and window seals,window channel and beltstrips . 814-467-9842

Yep.....red is awesome on these trucks. The Little Red Wagon, of course, was my inspiration to get one......since I was about 13 years old. Bob....you might want to check out my friend Scott's build here....http://forums.aaca.org/f190/reviving-69-dodge-sportsman-van-281698.html

post-37352-14313929344_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

I have a list of parts suppliers for A-100's. Mostly part numbers for parts available at local Auto Parts houses, but also info on the few body panels available. I wasn't able to take good undercarriage pics, but the brownish looking stuff isn't rust. factory primer.

Nice....from A100s to a 300H!! Thanks for the little bit of MoPar heaven. I see that you got the tailgate with the pickup....good thing because they are scarce.

are you referring to the Blue car? Desoto.

or my Imperial?

the A-100 was advertised as complete, but was missing the whole heater. luckily I found one on ebay.

I was referring to all of the cars in your photo display link above and the fact that the tail gate is still with your A100....they are usually gone.

OK. i guess I was rather lucky. I did notice something strange about the engine/trans. There is an adapter plate between them. i was told that the pickups got the heavy duty big block 727, with the adapter plate to mount the slant 6.

Mine came with the V8 and I have never noticed the connection on the slant six automatic transmissions....makes sense, though.