Random Pictures of Really Cool Cars

alsancle

Guest Rob McDonald

Looks like the restorer didn't lose all of the custom touches. The low, raked windshield and the minimal bat-wing top survived. What didn't make the cut - or went missing long ago - were the full wheel covers, the mesh hood side panels, the Woodlites and the shovel-nosed grill. Looking again, I think the grille was really more like a stone guard. Regular v'ed radiator shutters appeared behind this swoopy fabrication.

Oh, and those outrageous whitewalls are gone, although nobody by West would have noticed

Edited by Rob McDonald
missed the obvious (see edit history)

Looks like the restorer didn't lose all of the custom touches. The low, raked windshield and the minimal bat-wing top survived. What didn't make the cut - or went missing long ago - were the full wheel covers, the mesh hood side panels, the Woodlites and the shovel-nosed grill. Looking again, I think the grille was really more like a stone guard. Regular v'ed radiator shutters appeared behind this swoopy fabrication.

Oh, and those outrageous whitewalls are gone, although nobody by West would have noticed

Rob

You didn't understand. These are two different cars. The wild car that I posted is completely restored back to original LeBaron specifications. The windshield and everything else were replaced with "standard" LeBaron items. The car that A.J. (Alsancle), Curti, and StillOutThere posted is a similar car, and still looks the same.

Edited by West Peterson (see edit history)

In 1941, Packard had a coach built Coupe De Ville.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]167882[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]167883[/ATTACH]

Another car I have not seen before, very cool. The squared nose is disparate from the rest of the car's rolling curves but it comes together surprisingly well.

Here's my contribution, a later car but I think it fits the bill. The Pininfarina bodied W113 230SL "Pagoda" is one of my favorite 60's Benzes. Only one was built in 1964 but it still makes the show rounds in California. Note that the roadster not only lost it's ability to go topless but also the "Pagoda" shape was altered to a more typical curved roof.

post-83411-143139304583_thumb.jpg

post-83411-143139304578_thumb.jpg

Edited by MarrsCars
Added pics (see edit history)

I recently viewed a 1926 Isotta Fraschini at the Oshawa Ontario Auto Museum . Great looking cars but very difficult to take nice photo as cars are very close together and patially hidden by support posts. There are quite a few very different cars there than I have ever seen. I was very impressed with the woodwork on the 26 Isotta Fraschini. There is also a very cool old Fire truck there

John

post-61547-143139306096_thumb.jpg

post-61547-143139306099_thumb.jpg

post-61547-143139306102_thumb.jpg

post-61547-143139306105_thumb.jpg

Guest 37Packard
This may not rate high on the cool meter, but it is very rare.

1937 Packard Sedan Delivery.

The Packard was at the 2012 Fall Hershey.

I rank it very high.... :) :) :)

I'm going to get one of those 3 window Hupps one of these days.

My favorite or second favorite Cord of all time. Now hidden away in the middle east.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]169395[/ATTACH]

I hope you get your Hupp sooner, rather than later. They have become quite popular with street rodders. I have to admit, their sleek lines come through pretty well even when lowered and painted purple! I want to say here that I'm aware that these streamliners that I've posted to this thread are all quite conventional cars underneath and none of them rise to the quality of most of the cars on this thread. It's just that I personally find them "cool".

57bfb1d4.jpg?t=1337349835

0805rc_02_z+gary_pettigrews_1935_hupmobile+.jpg

35hupmopbilecustom.jpg

Are those 35/36? I like those and also the later ones. Convertible coupe is a pretty rare car.

Speaking of L29, another of my favorites is coming up for auction in April. The German bodies all look similar and the quality of material was fantastic. This is a Voll & Ruhrbeck body. Similar to a Cab "C" Sindelfingen bodied Mercedes.

post-31305-143139309402_thumb.jpg

Guest Rob McDonald

The Europeans really tried to clothe some great American chassis during the 1930s but they rarely "got it". That squared-off cabriolet body looks like the box the gorgeous front end came in.

Are those 35/36? I like those and also the later ones. Convertible coupe is a pretty rare car.

Speaking of L29, another of my favorites is coming up for auction in April. The German bodies all look similar and the quality of material was fantastic. This is a Voll & Ruhrbeck body. Similar to a Cab "C" Sindelfingen bodied Mercedes.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]169518[/ATTACH]

The black Graham coupe is a '34 and the bluish-gray one is a '33. I found one image of a similar year convertible coupe.

4540082322_5907f1e134_z.jpg

Guest newtrend
The coolest one I ever came across outside of a show or museum has to be this V16 Cadillac roadster I spotted resting in a LaJolla, California garage......I am sooooo in love with this car.

Are you sure that is a V16 and not a v12? The reason I ask is that I used to know of an identicle car (model and color and condition) in Michigan but it was a V12

Guest newtrend
It is probably just me but there hasn't been a lot of interesting activity on the forum lately. I assume because of the time of year. Anyways, here is a thread to post random pictures of what you think are really cool cars. Most of mine I've posted in other places before so forgive me if you have seen them already. Here is one of my all time favorites. I do not believe any have survived. If you know what it is and not because you saw me post it somewhere else you are at the top of the hierarchy of cool car historians!

I will give you a hint and tell you that it has a crazy transmission in it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]166571[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]166572[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]166573[/ATTACH]

It looks Bucalli-esq to me........

Guest T-Head

MBI.jpg

If you enjoy fine photography of antique automobiles take a test drive of the contemporary photos on The Old Motor by some of the worlds best photographers.

Top to bottom here is work by Michael Furman, Royce Rumsey, Stefan Marjoram of the UK, Tim Scott of the UK and Alan Gosley of Canada among others.

Stop by where we have over 50 pages of pre war photos and over 6000 period black and white photographs for you to enjoy.

MBV.jpg

RRII.jpg

Blue-I.jpg

SI.jpg

Bentley1.jpg

wind-II.jpg

Hershey-I.jpg

Hershey-IV.jpg

Edited by T-Head (see edit history)

MBI.jpg

If you enjoy fine photography of antique automobiles take a test drive of the contemporary photos on The Old Motor by some of the worlds best photographers.

Top to bottom here is work by Michael Furman, Royce Rumsey, Stefan Marjoram of the UK, Tim Scott of the UK and Alan Gosley of Canada among others.

Stop by where we have over 50 pages of pre war photos and over 6000 period black and white photographs for you to enjoy.

MBV.jpg

RRII.jpg

Blue-I.jpg

SI.jpg

Bentley1.jpg

wind-II.jpg

Hershey-I.jpg

Hershey-IV.jpg

Got to love that Caddilac!

Guest newtrend

Third from the top is most definately a Lincoln. I thought you were talking about the open hood photo that was last with the red engine. Sorry