BRENT in 10-uh-C

Would someone identify this engine please? ( G. B&S. Co Detroit)

Well I decided to dig out some photographs and have a look again.  I apologize for me posting a picture of an old picture but I believe they are good enough where we can tell by the surroundings that these pictures are indeed old.  There are a few differences between the chassis in the picture vs. the one I have, and the wheels are different too.  I can only imagine these are old promo pictures where someone was using these to raise capitol for their new car manufacturing venture and they were taking these pictures around showing to potential investors.  If you look in the pictures, you will see they actually tipped the chassis on its side setting (balanced) on the floor.  Look at how the chain is drooping. Notice the radiator shape and the hoses. Again, I have no idea when these pictures were taken but based on the steering wheel location, the single chain drive, friction drive transmission and the high hard-rubber wheels, -I tend to think it fits within the era of 1908 or so.

(Kinda glad I dug these pix out as I am all excited again.)

IMG_0705.jpg

IMG_0706.jpg

IMG_0707.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

IMG_0709.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

Google ,a 1907 Lambert model f. Lambert cars were manufactured by the buckeye manufacturing company in Anderson Indiana,  hope this helps

Posted (edited)

I can't identify the automobile but G.B.&S. is Golden, Belknap & Swartz of Detroit. 

Most of the ads I have found are 1914 thru the early 20's and are for tractor or truck

motors though some did find their way into a few automobiles such as the Gem, Bell, Hackett

& Hatfield to name a few and apparently used in marine applications as well.

Lambert is interesting but they list it with a Rutenber motor

Interesting mystery!

Best regards,

Terry

Edited by Terry Harper (see edit history)

If you know the previous owners name, you might find some information in the transportation dept, that is, if he ever had a title.It is possible this is the motor makers attempt at going into the car business. The date seems more reasonable. An earlier car would have brass inlet and outlet pipes. Trucks used gas lights way after cars were converted to electric, which would explain the forks for gas lights. I don't believe this is a made up car; it looks factory to me. Hope someone can help identify it.