Can you identify this Ford?

Guest beuphemia

Guest beuphemia

Hi all. I was hoping someone could help me identify the year and model of the Ford in this photo.

I am describing this photo for a historical digital archive project and would like to include details about it. Anything you can share about the history of it would also be useful.

Also, can you recognize the two cars behind it?

Thank you for taking the time to help me out with this.

post-89895-143139282423_thumb.jpg

Actually, with the smooth round top on the fender and the continuous top stainless piece, the one behind the first one is possibly a 1939 like this one with the upper wiper arms.....looks like Dave was correct. The converts had the lower wiper arms.

post-37352-143139283468_thumb.jpg

Dave, Sorry, I hadn't been following this thread until it got a bit long. I did scan the posts, but I just plain missed your comment saying that it was a '50 Bel Air before I did. I also didn't mean to imply that there ever was a '49 Bel Air by my saying the car could be easily mistaken for a '49 . Just that the plain bumper gave it a '49 look. The trunk handle is another '50 clue too.

I wonder why more of those Bel Airs didn't survive. The tin worm maybe. They were cool first edition cars, and over 76,000 were made.