Sign in to follow this  
Shayne B

1924 Dodge pick up help

Hi everyone

Finally worked out how to post a new thread.

My dodge is a 1924 A106449 - I'm unsure about the magneto/distributor set up.

I have been sold a magneto and read that the Ausie versions of the car had a magneto?/

Is this true? and wondering if the magneto is interchangable anyway. The firing order may be differenct. Could someone tell me the firing order of the engine and can I just organise the leads from the magneto to fire in the same order?

Also wondering about the timing advance and retard for this vehicle. I seen some cars with manual advance and retard. How does the magneto one work?

There seems to be lots of collective knowledge here so I'm hoping someone will take pitty on me. The car is ready to go as soon as I've organised the spark and timing.

Apreciate any help.

Shayne

Hi everyone

Finally worked out how to post a new thread.

My dodge is a 1924 A106449 - I'm unsure about the magneto/distributor set up.

I have been sold a magneto and read that the Ausie versions of the car had a magneto?/

Is this true? and wondering if the magneto is interchangable anyway. The firing order may be differenct. Could someone tell me the firing order of the engine and can I just organise the leads from the magneto to fire in the same order?

Also wondering about the timing advance and retard for this vehicle. I seen some cars with manual advance and retard. How does the magneto one work?

There seems to be lots of collective knowledge here so I'm hoping someone will take pitty on me. The car is ready to go as soon as I've organised the spark and timing.

Apreciate any help.

Shayne

Post this on the Dodge Bros site for more coverage.