1965 Electra very nice car $12,000

Guest BJM

1965 Buick

My opinion is this fellow will never sell it for $12,000 but depending on personal inspection and such, that may be a fair price. These nice 4 doors are plentiful and unfortunately I believe it's a $5,000 car tops, but just my opinion.

This is a 1965 Buick Electra 225 4 door hardtop. It is original except for a new high dollar paint job. The interior is unbelievably beautiful. This car just came out of an estate. I am a retired mechanic & have maintained the car for the last 10 years that the deceased owner has had it. Everything has been gone over. It is just been serviced & the A/C, AM-FM radio & power ant. work good. It can be seen in the Riverside, Mo. area or Lenexa, Ks. It has a good Ks. title in my name. Call me. George 913-52two-763four.

3E53m43Ma5F45P65Macbff748b11fc1a21ed1.jpg

He can always see what the market will bear. It looks like a nice Buick. Like anything else, it's worth what someone is willing to pay.

Chris

You nailed it. The market is not cookier-cutter. I happen to want to own about 20 cars so this one I can't afford. BUT what if someone wants to enjoy the old car hobby with one car. This would be a good one. It's attractive. Look at that sweet blue color and rear taillamps shot.

Seller says pristine interior on a car well taken care of mechanically. This is mostly about the four doors, which place this already less collected mid 60's Buick in the "maybe" column.

This would be a fantastic BDE car. If a serious person shows up, looks him in the eye with $7,000 I think he bites. He does not note mileage. I can purchase low mileage Buick Electra's all day long in the $2000 to $5000 range. BUT, a local interested party might not do as much research as I do, and bite at $7000, but that's about it in my opinion.

Sometimes I get scared that sunlight might come through the window of my garage and damaged the floor. I look for stuff to put between the two. A real dangerous way is to go on Ebay and search "All cars, buy it now, 1920-1965, max $7,000". It can get you in trouble but it sure broadens the competition for cars like that.

Bernie

Sometimes I get scared that sunlight might come through the window of my garage and damaged the floor. I look for stuff to put between the two. A real dangerous way is to go on Ebay and search "All cars, buy it now, 1920-1965, max $7,000". It can get you in trouble but it sure broadens the competition for cars like that.

Bernie

Thanks Bernie, the addiction continues. Now I have a new way to get my fix.

But what you mention is interesting in that these cars and their sellers don't fully appreciate what a huge world the collector car hpbby has become. They bleive their prices are fair because they see a nice car and not too many in their town, etc. but on a grander scale not so much.

In Rush, New York, just south of Rochester there is a 1986 Jaguar XJ12, black with red leather rotting into the ground behind a gas station. You really have to be nuts to saddle yourself with one of those. I made a reasonable offer about 4 or 5 years ago. I didn't have to stand in line to see him.

He indignantly told me he wasn't going to give it away.

Maybe Mother Nature is having the Tooth Fairy put a quarter under his pillow as the dew slowly erodes the paint and oxygen molecules embrace the iron. I made an offer, he wouldn't give it away, and four years later I wouldn't take it as a gift. Well, I can tell you, I've found stupider things to do with my money. My wife is scared right now.

Bernie