New Guy With A Question 1960 Buick Invicta Convertible

Guest BigdaddyBuick

Guest BigdaddyBuick

Howdy Folks, My name is Johnny I am from So Cal and Currently the Owner of a 1960 Invicta Convertible. I am the 3rd owner of this car and it only has 55,000 Original miles.

I am restoring this car to its Original Beauty with the exception of a 2 inch static drop and skylark Wires. I have had many vehicles. Kustoms, Hot Rods, Wagons, Trucks etc.

I am in the middle of replacing the rockers that were pretty bad. I have the Chassis & Service Manual however I am looking for some pictures or drawings of the sheet metal which would show the bracing in the rear behind the door. Mine is there but rusted pretty bad and we want to make sure this car is done correct. All the Rockers are being hand fabricated.

Here is a pic of the car as well.

post-77552-143139275894_thumb.jpg

Johnny,

Welcome the forums, that is a beautiful car. Allan is right about the Buick forums, many experts live there including some with similar projects. Regarding your body metal question you should try to get the Fisher Body shop manual for your car, it may show what you are looking for. Good luck!

Welcome. Nice looking car. I don't have a 60 and normally lurk in the Buick section but check on things up here semi regularly as well. You might check out Faxon for your manual needs, I think they have what you are looking for. Faxon | Shop Manuals for Car & Truck Owners | DIY Service, Repair or Maintenance

Carl

Edited by 1937-44
bad link (see edit history)

Guest BigdaddyBuick
Welcome

[ATTACH=CONFIG]165842[/ATTACH]

LOVE IT! Do you have more pics of the interior and motor? Did you restore this car or purchase it like this?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest djohn81641
LOVE IT! Do you have more pics of the interior and motor? Did you restore this car or purchase it like this?

Hi: This is a family car. My dad purchased it 1960. It has been restored, but not to original specs. But I do know all of the details on what is correct for an restoration to original standards. You should get the dealers book, which contains samples of the actual matarials used for the interior, top, and exterior paint colors for the 1960 Buick. I have one, very helpful resource.post-46358-143139296334_thumb.jpg

post-46358-143139296337_thumb.jpgI have a friend who owns 3, all original 1960 Buicks, and knows everything there is to know about them. He, too, has his family's original 1960 Buick. Invicta's are nice, the "Spirited Buick" for 1960.

post-46358-143139296347_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Howdy Folks, My name is Johnny I am from So Cal and Currently the Owner of a 1960 Invicta Convertible. I am the 3rd owner of this car and it only has 55,000 Original miles.

I am restoring this car to its Original Beauty with the exception of a 2 inch static drop and skylark Wires. I have had many vehicles. Kustoms, Hot Rods, Wagons, Trucks etc.

I am in the middle of replacing the rockers that were pretty bad. I have the Chassis & Service Manual however I am looking for some pictures or drawings of the sheet metal which would show the bracing in the rear behind the door. Mine is there but rusted pretty bad and we want to make sure this car is done correct. All the Rockers are being hand fabricated.

Here is a pic of the car as well.

Hi Johnny! Welcome! Very Nice '60 Buick you have! as others have said, Our post war Buicks have our own forum here on the site

And DJohn , when I saw Johnny's car, I immediately thought of your beautiful '60 Buick!

Hi: This is a family car. My dad purchased it 1960. It has been restored, but not to original specs. But I do know all of the details on what is correct for an restoration to original standards. You should get the dealers book, which contains samples of the actual matarials used for the interior, top, and exterior paint colors for the 1960 Buick. I have one, very helpful resource.[ATTACH=CONFIG]167584[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]167586[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]167585[/ATTACH]I have a friend who owns 3, all original 1960 Buicks, and knows everything there is to know about them. He, too, has his family's original 1960 Buick. Invicta's are nice, the "Spirited Buick" for 1960.

• 3 months later...
Guest JSBongiovanni

I have a 60 Electra 225 convertible I'm restoring and notice the rear seat speaker you have is nice. Where did you find one and I don't believe that is a 60 part. I think it looks great one the car! great paint!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest djohn81641
I have a 60 Electra 225 convertible I'm restoring and notice the rear seat speaker you have is nice. Where did you find one and I don't believe that is a 60 part. I think it looks great one the car! great paint!

60 Buick Electra's and Invicta's did have rear speakers as an option. LeSabre's did not have the rear speaker. I had the speaker put when the interior was done over. The grill is for a 60 Buick, but it was slightly modified. The rear speaker grill for the 60 Buick is somewhat flimsy, and will easily dent inward should someone rest their head on it. Since restored cars are not used to transport a lot of people this shouldn't be a problem now, but it was back in the day when the cars were in regular use.