Wood Wheels - need help to ID

Luv2Wrench

I found these at an antique store while browsing for other items. I'm wondering if someone here knows what car these wheels belong to and if someone needs them. They are priced at $750 and I can help facilitate the sale and shipping. The wood is in very solid condition.

I'm assuming there are two front wheels and two rear wheels (with brake drums attached). I have nothing to gain on the sale, I'm just doing this as a courtesy to fellow AACA members that might be desperately seeking these wheels. If they are priced right then great, if not, I'll make an offer on your behalf.

post-65715-143139272367_thumb.jpg

post-65715-143139272376_thumb.jpg

post-65715-143139272384_thumb.jpg

post-65715-143139272395_thumb.jpg

The one showing inside of the brake drum is a steel felloe non-demountable wheel. In late Model T production that is what you got if you did not pay for demountable rims ( rims demount with 4 bolts). They always were a bit of an oddity and now are rarely seen as very few want to drive a car much without an inflated spare tire!

Yes, the two front wheels are demountable, the rears are not.

What should the dealer charge? I looked on eBay but I couldn't find a set that looked like they would be something you'd put on the car and then drive across the country.

The Model T Club site might be the best place to ask. Ford made at least, 60 million "T" wheels so, with the exception of the very early wheels, they are as common as fleas on a dog. Good, usable wheels like yours are not hard to find. The non demountables are a bit rare, but as noted, nobody really wants them. Just to hazard a guess, maybe 100 bucks each???

Thanks Layden, the 26-27 T is a great looking car IMO, they look best with the 21 inch wire wheels. i just can't see anyone wanting to have one with the 30/3 1/2 tires those rear wheels would carry. That being said the four wheels don't match, so selling them comes down to two fronts and two rears. The seller should be very happy to get $100.00 per wheel in this ecomomy. Bob