Hemmings Classic Car

phoemsen

Did anyone see this month's edition? It highlights the "Top 100 American Collector Cars of All Time".

One of the choices for 1965 was the Riviera Gran Sport. The example they chose looks like Mr. Sweeney's ride...possibly with the man himself behind the wheel!!!

Very Impressive.

Groan, another top 100 list. Not sure why they do that. Sure it's neat if the car you own is in there but it's highly subjective and some of those cars are not that collected or the interest level is waining.

If you were a writer and needed a bag of groceries you would have a complete understanding of the Top 10, Top 100, Top XXX article drivers.

I think one of the top 10 Star Trek quotes was "Dammit, Jim, I'm a doctor, not a writer!"

Bernie

No groans here , I have not seen the issue but if it is my car , the picture perhaps would be the one I post . If nothing else being in any top 10 or top 100 lists may help with the value of our cars . Sad to say I have sold this car only because I have another Small Emblem GS . You may see it in The Review soon . I do miss the Green Hornet however .

Hope you all had a Great Holiday and wish you a Merry Christmas !post-30636-143139272618_thumb.jpg

My wife had the ultimate comment on the value of our cars. I told her about what a good deal I was getting on one once and she said "What difference does that make, you won't sell it." I tried to teach her so much and she has been so selective about what she retains. Like one time I casually use the term "buying work". Does that have to keep resurfacing as "I thought you weren't going to buy any more work."

She was so young when I met her. Where did I fail?

Bernie

My wife had the ultimate comment on the value of our cars. I told her about what a good deal I was getting on one once and she said "What difference does that make, you won't sell it." I tried to teach her so much and she has been so selective about what she retains. Like one time I casually use the term "buying work". Does that have to keep resurfacing as "I thought you weren't going to buy any more work."

She was so young when I met her. Where did I fail?

Bernie

LOL - where did we all go wrong ?

OK Riviera People: Ditto here. I will add one thing. Even many of the people that grace our forums can't for the life of them let others enjoy their stuff the way they enjoy it. I have a 60 Buick parts car that I really enjoy. Why? It really doesn't matter. What matters is that I enjoy it HOWEVER I enjoy it. Personally, when I see others enjoying what they have it makes me happy. Mitch