1978 Electra Limousine

Guest BJM

Cool video. You know what would be fun? If the BCA would buy this and use it only for each National Meet as an airport and hotel / courtesy transport for those members coming to the National meet that can't come in their Buicks.

I love that website. That place is a modern version of my grandfather's used car lot and tire shop where I started working when I was 11. We sold a lot of rough trucks from the phone company and tons of wholesale trades from two local Chevy dealers. In 1967 I left for the Navy. We were still selling a lot of 55-60 Chevies. I think I remember at least one that was over $300.

I worked for $1 an hour + 10% of the used tire sales. At around 13 I started selling the cars and 10% was a big dent in the profit on those $100 and $200 cars, my cut was dropped to 5% on cars real quick.

Bernie

You can thank the popularity of Linda Vaugh for the hearst (Hurst) thing. I remember it coming into redneck vocabulary. Not that I am not a redneck, I'm just one who reads and thinks about the words.

Hearst is right up there with Hemi Motor News, you know, that old car advertisement magazine.

Don't remember Linda Vaugh?

LINDA_Vaughn....Suporting__Gratiot_Auto_Supply__detail.jpg Now you won't forget.

Bernie

Guest 75RivGS

Video made me wonder why GM in those years changed to metric when naming an engine; here in the video 6.6 litre. Those cars didn't sell much outside the USA (Canada maybe), so I don't see the point.