e- Bugle

BUICK RACER

some day soon, so I hear, but anybody interested in taking over the webmaster job for the Buick Club of America, cause 15 years is enough. I have other stuff I want to do. I've asked for time in the next BOD conference call with no response, so figured I'd ask here cause you are the "real" audience,

there is no pay for this adventure/assignment, but someone that can take it to the next level and be as prompt and excited as I have been to handle it would be awesome! So.................. let's hear it, if you don't want to post here, then send me an email. Or better yet to someone on the BOD.

Thanks for your support for the last 15 years, but it's time to move on.

I live 3 miles from Roberta, and can vouch for the fact that she has done an almost impossible job . She is not only the Webmaster for the BCA, but also takes care of our local chapter, the GS Club of America, the Back to the Bricks meet in Flint which has developped into one of the largest car meets in the country, and numerous other things which I am sure she does.

This is on top of flying back and forth to NY to care for her parents.

I am amazed she stuck it out this long !!!!

Volunteerism 101. Agree 15 years is long enough and someone needs to step in with an adequate skill set. Maybe we should have had an assistant webmaster ready in waiting.

Roberta,

I just don't have the skill set to do it, but I am sure some younger member does...

I have had the same issue trying to find someone to handle the PreWar Division site.

How about it everyone... anybody out there with the skills to do this?

Many thanks Roberta, for all you do for the BCA and our hobby!

Thanks, Roberta

I remember you from the BDE tour of Long's Peak and Trail Ridge road tour in Colorado. Lots have happened since then, we (Dan & Sammye) wish you the best.

Dan

Dan, I didn't go to that tour, only been in CO, once and that was for the BCA National in Colorado Springs with the Old Guy.

I haven't quit yet, maybe if/after someone steps up or they pay me more! LOL!

Dan, I didn't go to that tour, only been in CO, once and that was for the BCA National in Colorado Springs with the Old Guy.

I haven't quit yet, maybe if/after someone steps up or they pay me more! LOL!

Sorry Roberta. I have confused you with another of the hard working ladies of this hobby. I was at the Springs meet without a car this time. I hope to make it to the Portland meet in 2014 with my latest restoration of a '57 Roadmaster convertible. - Dan

Roberta I have seen what you have done and continue to do. You have earned my highest respect. There are several people that do other things for other clubs and I hope someone of your ability will step up and continue the job you have started. Its gonna be tough but it will happen.

I wish I had the talent but that not going to happen. Might be a situation that the person to do the job does not spend time on this site. Maybe Pete could put a note in the Bugle.

Happy Thanksgiving

Chuck Kerls

One thing about car club officers, it seems somewhat "part of the territory" for them to be "for life" positions. A particular officer might desire to leave, but with no others seeming to desire to takeover the position, the "for life" orientation just seems to evolve . . . . In one respect, this can indicate a "job well done" and "we're happy with the way things are", but it can also be somewhat frustrating as the particular officer might have their own evolving needs for separation.

I first noticed this situation in one particular street rod club, in the later 1970s. When a person was elected President of the club, after two years of them being in office, a new President was elected and the prior President vanished "from the earth", not to resurface until about 10 years later. No word, no club membership, no nothing. But that club kept on going, unlike the other way things can be, when no other member(s) seem to desire to become involved. For some, it's work committments, though, or other things for others . . .

Thanks again, Roberta!

NTX5467

Roberta,

I was in contact with Rick Young and the BCA office recently. None of us received your inquiry about addressing the BOD at the next teleconference. Of course you are welcome to join us and if you have not heard from Rick or Mike/Nancy, you will soon so you will have the details needed to call in.

You will leave some very big shoes to fill and hopefully someone will step up to fill them.

Thank you for all your time given to the BCA.

It basically consists of keeping the club listings updated, Bugle covers, and the calendar, some is provided by the BCA office and some from the Editor of the Buick Bugle and the production assistant for the Bugle. It’s not a hard job, but a little bit of knowledge of Buicks is also important. A little bit of creative updates would be also nice, because the website design itself is 5 years old or so.

This will mark the end of an era. Shoes that will be difficult to fill but hopefully the timing will be right in someone elses life to accept the responsibility.

Thank you so much Roberta for sacrificing your time over the years directing, assisting, and promoting the Buick community to the masses.

• 2 weeks later...

Roberta and people like her are the "backbone" of the BCA. She has done almost everything within the BCA and her local club. If you have ever met her, you would not forget her.

Thanks in advance for the great job as Webmaster and I hope they find someone that can fill your shoes.