Jump to content

I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, 60FlatTop said:

 

Reminds of of a local meet I had my '60 at. A friend of mine and I were by my car and I was letting an attractive young woman sit in the car so I could explain the Mirror Magic Speedometer when the loud voice came from behind. It was my friend's wife. And she made him stay by his car and away from me for the rest of the day.

Bernie

 

Reminds me of the day I asked Bob Coker what he thought of letting girls and ladies pose for pictures in the back of the Landau at the national in Ames, Iowa. With his all familiar rascally smile and a twinkle in his eye "Sounds like a GREAT idea to me, go for it " was all he said. And the rest is history, and fond history it is!!!

 

SCAN crpd.jpg

 

011.jpg

 

053.jpg100_9066.jpg100_9073.jpg100_9087.jpg100_9113.jpg

 

100_9116.jpg100_9118.jpg100_9127.jpg100_9129.jpg100_9131.jpg100_9135.jpg

 

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites

to Mr Earl and John

biased as like my red,  but agree white is class with top up or down.

and hadn't thought about it , but as own one , have come to appreciate  the 50s buick more  especially the skylark

cheers

pilgrim

Edited by Pilgrim65
missing word (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MrEarl said:

 

Wow, Ed, that is an an awesome picture. Any info on it? Would love to have a high res image of it or similar scene  of those three cars together for framing. Added this to my Buick Concept file. Thanks for sharing, truly a super "I Just Love the Picture of this Buick" picture.

The picture is from the 2015 Pepple Beach Concours de' Elegance - at least that's what shows up next to the picture when I click on the "view link" tab.

 

https://www.google.com/search?q=buick+concours&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiHmIa9sovTAhVM8mMKHaYaAvgQ_AUIBigB&biw=1440&bih=794#tbm=isch&q=buick+buick+y+job+concours&*&imgrc=q9ulZCriX6R6-M:

 

I copied as much of the http link as possible, hope it's complete.

 

Ed

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MrEarl said:

 

Yes it was there. But I surely hope you didn't touch it as you would have likely gotten yelled at by the owner like my son was at the 100th Buick birthday in Flint in '03. My 12 yr old son Jordan and I were walking around the car with our hands and arms behind our back as I had suggested to Jordan earlier in the day that we do. When Jordan went to point at the vent window and was exclaiming "Wow Dad, look at how this vent window doesn't have a frame" and I was overjoyed that he had noticed such a small detail, a loud voice came from the back of the car "Don't touch the car kid!" It was all I could do to keep from grabbing the owner by the collar and asking "Does my boy look like a baby goat to you mr.". Instead we just walked away and it was beginning to ruin my sons whole day but I just told him "Don't let it bother you, that guys probably not bad when he doesn't have his head up his ass" . Jordan got a kick out of that and we just laughed it off.  I later learned who the owner of the car is and he has been known to check in here. As payback however, I tell this story every time I get a chance such as this. Do I hold a grudge, heck no, just don't ever yell at my son OR my dog, that simple. 

And the story goes that Jordan grew up to be a fine man and a connoisseur of 54 Buicks taking after his dad steps and probably got married and was transported in a Buick the same year and color of the rag top he was yelled at when he was reprimanded without any probable cause. If the rag top without the (fill in the proper adjective here) owner could find its way to the B Gardens both father & son ( the girls too) would live happily ever after. Poor horse with a disgruntled rider. That horse should be roaming in a GA clay pasture.

 

Photo posted without permission due to no watermarks, advertisements or copyright infringement 

IMG_0992.JPG

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Pilgrim65 said:

Elpad  you monkey!

blue or white please ,

just taken 2 antidepressants !

If it makes you feel better, I would take the blue one but I still think I would never will have the opportunity to choose but yet again please post 6 numbers for me and maybe we both have a chance

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Elpad said:

And the story goes that Jordan grew up to be a fine man and a connoisseur of 54 Buicks taking after his dad steps and probably got married and was transported in a Buick the same year and color of the rag top he was yelled at when he was reprimanded without any probable cause. If the rag top without the (fill in the proper adjective here) owner could find its way to the B Gardens both father & son ( the girls too) would live happily ever after. Poor horse with a disgruntled rider. That horse should be roaming in a GA clay pasture.

 

Photo posted without permission due to no watermarks, advertisements or copyright infringement 

IMG_0992.JPG

 

Ha, now that is indeed a Picture I just love. Actually Jordan left probably one of the longest black marks in front of that church that has er been laid. And it was only a half block before he had to make a right turn, but he pulled it off, must have had a good teacher. :D

And guess what, he is now a cop for the Greenville SC Police Department, go figure...

 

Permission granted on the use of that and any other pictures emanating from the files of MrEarl. :)

 

 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MrEarl said:

 

Reminds me of the day I asked Bob Coker what he thought of letting girls and ladies pose for pictures in the back of the Landau at the national in Ames, Iowa. With his all familiar rascally smile and a twinkle in his eye "Sounds like a GREAT idea to me, go for it " was all he said. And the rest is history, and fond history it is!!!

 

SCAN crpd.jpg

 

011.jpg

 

053.jpg100_9066.jpg100_9073.jpg100_9087.jpg100_9113.jpg

 

100_9116.jpg100_9118.jpg100_9127.jpg100_9129.jpg100_9131.jpg100_9135.jpg

 

Just wondering if the flower hat was a Buick accessory in 54

Link to post
Share on other sites

My little girl has grown up some since then...should have a degree in just over a year. 

 

There were here a couple fifty-fours hanging out later with a couple young ladies hanging out on them. Hope I haven't lost those photos. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Elpad said:

Was this a Buick concept car

64AADEF4-3766-43CC-B059-758596CB7852-11661-00000AE572B391DA.jpeg

No, but it was powered by an inline 8 cylinder Buick engine. Here's some scoop.

The 1948 Norman Timbs Emil Deidt Roadster.

A participant in this special sport customs class, this swoopy, futuristic sled was the vision of Norman Timbs, an engineer who worked on Indy 500 racers. With race-car builder Emil Diedt handling the fabrication of the aluminum body, the streamlined car took three years to complete, including development of the tube-frame chassis. Power is provided by a Buick straight eight and top speed is a reported 120 mph. Soon after it was completed, Timbs sold the car, however, saying that it attracted too much attention. (Uh, yeah.) The car eventually was abandoned to rot in the California desert before being found in 2002; an eight-year, Pebble-quality resto ensued under the watch of Custom Auto of Loveland, Colorado.

 

I've seen in depth articles about the car.  I'm sure that if you Googled the name of the car's owner and the name of the car, you could find more.

 

Ed

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, RivNut said:

No, but it was powered by an inline 8 cylinder Buick engine. Here's some scoop.

The 1948 Norman Timbs Emil Deidt Roadster.

A participant in this special sport customs class, this swoopy, futuristic sled was the vision of Norman Timbs, an engineer who worked on Indy 500 racers. With race-car builder Emil Diedt handling the fabrication of the aluminum body, the streamlined car took three years to complete, including development of the tube-frame chassis. Power is provided by a Buick straight eight and top speed is a reported 120 mph. Soon after it was completed, Timbs sold the car, however, saying that it attracted too much attention. (Uh, yeah.) The car eventually was abandoned to rot in the California desert before being found in 2002; an eight-year, Pebble-quality resto ensued under the watch of Custom Auto of Loveland, Colorado.

 

I've seen in depth articles about the car.  I'm sure that if you Googled the name of the car's owner and the name of the car, you could find more.

 

Ed

 You must be the  Buickpedia of the forum! Good info thanks

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Caballero2 said:

Tongue in cheek....

 

Sardine Can.jpg

 Corvette development mule. Could be the electric one. GM was working on an LP gas powered generator mounted in a trailer for long distance electric car travel.

Bernie

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 60FlatTop said:

GM was working on an LP gas powered generator mounted in a trailer for long distance electric car travel.

 

Hope they put in an air compressor too, for that rear tire condition.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...