Dave Gelinas (XP-300)

I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

Posted (edited)

Caught this chance to get a snapshot of Larry Schramm's 1915 Buick truck and my 1913 Model 31 parked side by side today during the Gilmore Museum's pre war tour, show day tomorrow.  Temps in the low 20's and a very slight late day sprinkle of rain.  About 60 cars and trucks ranging from 1907 to 1941 made for an interesting rolling car museum.

Regards, Gary

DSC_0666.JPG

Edited by cxgvd
double word (see edit history)
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 10:04 PM, cxgvd said:

Caught this chance to get a snapshot of Larry Schramm's 1915 Buick truck and my 1913 Model 31 parked side by side today during the Gilmore Museum's pre war tour, show day tomorrow.  Temps in the low 20's and a very slight late day sprinkle of rain.  About 60 cars and trucks ranging from 1907 to 1941 made for an interesting rolling car museum.

Regards, Gary

DSC_0666.JPG

Low 20's is Celcius = about 70Deg F.

Along with the beautiful weather,  Joyce and I had a great 85 mile tour on Friday together with Gary & Bev sponsored by The Gilmore Museum.  Both vehicles ran flawlessly.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Low 20's is lovely weather in Canada, sorry.  I meant to imply the spring has been unseasonable cool and wet and with showers in the forecast, well, the weekend was perfect.

Here is a photo of a stunning beautiful cabriolet parked in a nice setting.  There were other Buicks at the Gilmore Museum show but I do not want to shrink this picture, so just one photo today.

Regards, Gary

DSC_0713.JPG

• Like 4

I thought the book cover was a straight 8?!

DD852217-E86B-4502-B292-E940D0C4A0A0.jpeg

On 5/27/2019 at 10:44 PM, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

The one I read had a '53 on the cover.

Ben

Have not read, it’s it worth it?

Posted (edited)

On 5/27/2019 at 9:44 PM, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

The one I read had a '53 on the cover.

Ben

So you guys are telling me that you CAN read a book by looking at the cover.  Different covers probably mean that the publisher went to a second and third printing.  Each printing putting a couple of million more bucks in Mr. King's bank account.  Ya'll need to take a look at the number of different covers on the same book that kids read for their literature classes. Reprints of reprints of reprints. Money, mo' money, mo' money.

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

9 hours ago, RivNut said:

So you guys are telling me that you CAN read a book by looking at the cover.  Different covers probably mean that the publisher went to a second and third printing.  Each printing putting a couple of million more bucks in Mr. King's bank account.  Ya'll need to take a look at the number of different covers on the same book that kids read for their literature classes. Reprints of reprints of reprints. Money, mo' money, mo' money.

No, ED.  Only if it has pictures of cars.  Preferably of Buicks.

Ben