Dave Gelinas (XP-300)

I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

Recommended Posts

@91vert That's two great photos of San Francisco in the 50's you've posted.  Where are you finding them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2019 at 3:17 PM, billbuickgs said:

I definitely  see  a dray race away from the toll booth !!!!!

Bill

Who would win , don’t know what the red/ white car is 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Pilgrim65 said:

Who would win , don’t know what the red/ white car is 

1955 Olds 88 or super 88 , it would be a very close race !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Pilgrim65 said:

Who would win , don’t know what the red/ white car is 

 

The car is a 1955 Oldsmobile. Whether it is an model 88 or top of the line 98 or Starfire I can't say but... sorry to say Buick brethren, that hydromatic transmission might get the Buick from the line...

Dad had the 88 and remember as a kid he drove her different when mom wasn't in the car.

Now, having said that, once out on the road I want to say the Buick has the guts! (hope that saves face - LOL)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, dei said:

 

The car is a 1955 Oldsmobile. Whether it is an model 88 or top of the line 98 or Starfire I can't say but... sorry to say Buick brethren, that hydromatic transmission might get the Buick from the line...

Dad had the 88 and remember as a kid he drove her different when mom wasn't in the car.

Now, having said that, once out on the road I want to say the Buick has the guts! (hope that saves face - LOL)

 

 Come on, Doug!  Where is your brand loyalty?.  I would bet on the Century, if the driver knew to drop it into Low. If he didn't know, shame on him.

 

  Ben

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

 

 Come on, Doug!  Where is your brand loyalty?.  I would bet on the Century, if the driver knew to drop it into Low. If he didn't know, shame on him.

 

  Ben

 

I know, I know Ben that it would get a reaction... LOL

I used to think my Special would do great things (and for the most part she did) but my best friends dad bought a new '70 Mustang Mach 1 with the Cleveland 351 auto trans and taught me a very humbling lesson. You know that expression, "Put your money where your mouth is!"

 

Having stated that, with having four '58 Buick's most of my life I think my loyalty shows but know their limitations, sometimes the hard way. hahaha

Edited by dei (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dei said:

 

I know, I know Ben that it would get a reaction... LOL

I used to think my Special would do great things (and for the most part she did) but my best friends dad bought a new '70 Mustang Mach 1 with the Cleveland 351 auto trans and taught me a very humbling lesson. You know that expression, "Put your money where your mouth is!"

 

Having stated that, with having four '58 Buick's most of my life I think my loyalty shows but know their limitations, sometimes the hard way. hahaha

Get yourself one of these Buicks and the you can talk Mustangs with your friend!

AC6BBCF6-FAEE-4763-BA7B-3505FCD227E0.jpeg

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, neil morse said:

@91vert That's two great photos of San Francisco in the 50's you've posted.  Where are you finding them?

 

 

Neil.

I find them on an old photo's forum.

Cal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

pretty damn cool:

IMG_3407.thumb.JPG.ea88ad47be724237c5c3b72d0f4cdd2d.JPG

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kgreen said:

pretty damn cool:

IMG_3407.thumb.JPG.ea88ad47be724237c5c3b72d0f4cdd2d.JPG

Baby, that's the cat's pajamas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kgreen said:

pretty damn cool:

IMG_3407.thumb.JPG.ea88ad47be724237c5c3b72d0f4cdd2d.JPG

 

 

 

Sign me up!  Gorgeous!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now