Jump to content

I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........


Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2021 at 9:42 PM, Elpad said:

22AB5FA4-548D-4C5F-B34A-DC6E1973E762.jpeg

 

 

Doesn't Buick just always stand out in a crowd.

 

Who can explain the bombsight on the Chevy. Buick envy? 😉 JC Whitney?

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MrEarl said:

 

 

Doesn't Buick just always stand out in a crowd.

 

Who can explain the bombsight on the Chevy. Buick envy? 😉 JC Whitney?

I missed that! Interesting 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, RivNut said:

I was a 22 year old when the 70 Riviera came out, but NEVER had threads like that. Nor did the girls I ran with. TG.

Ed

 

I was 27, and still have the wide stripe bell-bottoms, 

but bet they don't fit anymore

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/14/2021 at 12:14 AM, Marty Roth said:

 

I was 27, and still have the wide stripe bell-bottoms, 

but bet they don't fit anymore

Had a pair I bought at the PX in Camp Legeune while at Motor Transport School, thought they'd be cool to wear home on first leave. Got home nobody else was wearing such, felt like a fool.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Had a pair I bought at the PX in Camp Legeune while at Motor Transport School, thought they'd be cool to wear home on first leave. Got home nobody else was wearing such, felt like a fool.

Try as I might, I cannot picture MrEarl in bell bottoms!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is me in 1970-71 flying a kite in Culver City, Ca.  The Buick at the curb is my Dad's Skylark that he owned for a few years.  He had me convinced that the radio was controlled by me blowing on it.  Little did I know he was controlling it from the floor switch.

 

I recently was able to buy a 54 Buick Skylark and so the tradition will continue with my kids and grand kids.

alberta.jpeg

  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/20/2021 at 12:33 AM, rkldesign said:

This is me in 1970-71 flying a kite in Culver City, Ca.  The Buick at the curb is my Dad's Skylark that he owned for a few years.  He had me convinced that the radio was controlled by me blowing on it.  Little did I know he was controlling it from the floor switch.

 

I recently was able to buy a 54 Buick Skylark and so the tradition will continue with my kids and grand kids.

alberta.jpeg

 

When his kite wouldn't fly steadilt, his wife noted that he needed more tail.

He responded that she had told him to "Go Fly a Kite".

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1955 Buick Super two door hardtop in Cameo Beige and (possibly) Cadet Blue. 1959 license plate.

 

Two blokes hooking up a small trailer to the car. The trailer has a "Packard ONE TWENTY" hub cap.

 

Image is from an undated Kodachrome 35mm color slide in my classic car slide and negative archive.

 

926576912_1955BuickSuper2doorhardtop.jpg.5475e3226a09fe6ce785e75663be35f2.jpg

Edited by NC1968Riviera (see edit history)
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1940 Buick Super Model 51 Sedan in Catalina Gray (upper) and English Green (lower).

 

Image from an undated 1960's color slide in my classic car slide and negative archive.

 

I love the color combination on this car. I wonder if it still exists? If so, where is it?

 

1940-Buick-Super-Model-51-Sedan.jpg.ef1772af7657b946aece16f07843101c.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...