I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

I know it is not a Buick, but the beach and the water made me post it.

013.jpg.6dae39a5b370ec01ea9299d93f3c83dd.jpg

The picture was taken at Chimney Bluffs at the east end of Lake Ontario. It is not a bad picture, taken by my Wife about five years before we were married and she hadn't had the traumatic experiences that make her picture taking so erratic today. And this day didn't help any! That beach is bordered by a rise of dirt and grass about 3 feet high. Gettin onto the beach is pretty straight forward. You just find a slight dip and angle your approach, simple, and then you get some smooth sandy beach driving in. Well, until you want to get off the beach. I is kind of hard to get the traction to climb that rise. Of course, a creative guy like me knows you can trade off traction for inertia. (My Wife just walked in and said "Oh, God, I remember that.")

It took about three tries, each a little faster than the last, to finally accelerate parallel to the rise watching for a dip and doing the leap.

We haven't been back to that beach.

Funny how quickly she recognized that picture just now.

Bernie

• Like 2

9 hours ago, dei said:

IMG_1511.thumb.JPG.92e6d0b578ac269a4c36e1762ebbb4b0.JPG

Parked on the waterfront in Windsor, Ontario, Canada looking across the Detroit River at the General Motors Headquarters in Detroit, Michigan.

Great shot Doug! And great that you thought to use that "backdrop" . I so regret not taking one of 'my' 54's to the GMAP in Doraville before it was demolished. 

And don't forget to post this here

http://forums.aaca.org/topic/274518-favorite-pictures-of-my-post-war-buick/?page=6#comment-1612159

• Like 1

No real magic regarding the plates. Our Australian plates are too wide to fit in the rear bumper recess. We have personalized plates at 3/4 size that fit reasonably well. Come in pressed steel with up to 5 characters or poly-carbonate with up to 7. I could not bring myself to putting plastic plates on a steel/chrome/leather car so I had to come up with a smaller message.

Main thing for me was that it had to include 62 or 1962. Rules are it cannot have all numbers or match existing plate styles e.g. no B or BK prefix (regional plate types). Limits you a bit. After finally nearing completion of the restoration (20 years off and on), I had a short list of what I wanted. My wife ultimately chose BRB62. What does it mean? Our initials together are BRB (Bev & Rick Beazley) and hey, maybe Big Red Buick? Keeps people guessing anyway.

21 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Awesome capture BRB62 !! Want to explain the BRB62 license plate and your forum ID connection?:) And don't forget to post this here

http://forums.aaca.org/topic/274518-favorite-pictures-of-my-post-war-buick/?page=6#comment-1612159

• Like 4

On 6/12/2017 at 10:23 PM, smithbrother said:

Quiz, WHAT IS MISSING FROM THE 50 in post 3966?

Maybe Ben knows, don't ya think, hehe

Dale in Indy

Looks like a senadet due to split windshield? Roof antenna? Headlamp bezels? Hood?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Elpad said:

Looks like a senadet due to split windshield? Roof antenna? Headlamp bezels? Hood?

Elpad, the split windshield marks it as a Special.  Could be any body style.  Super and Roadmaster had first year, for Buick, one piece windshield.

And Smitty is talking about  "no visor". Silly boy!:lol:

Ben

• Like 1