I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

Hey Mr. Earl, In a lookin at yer picter in yor sign off line I am a hopin it's somtin to do with your camerah. Lookin to me as yor gas pump is a leenin to the right a scoch. Jus sayin ifin it be so yor outta look the feller that put it up an  hav him to cor rect the leenin part. Ifin it ain't leenin then I'd by a new camerah that wood tak strate picters.  

Grandson Nathan, soon to be a college senior, was probably about 2-1/2 or 3 years old and always loved “HIS” Buick’s, the 1914 B-37, the 1937 80C Phaeton, and especially “HIS” 1934 Model 34-57 Sidemounted sedan with the trunk!  

The Goddess of Speed was Nate’s friend - the Little Man on his 1934 Buick 34-57. When Nate stood on a box (or the front bumper), they were EYE TO EYE. Fortunately Nate didn’t know how easily it could be removed.

When I drove, Nate could shift the floor- mounted 3/speed transmission like a pro, and when grandma wasn’t watching he would sit on my lap and steer like it was made for him.

The Buick has since moved on to Nevada, and my little grandson, still playing my trumpet and planning to be a Symphony musician, is quite grown, but thankfully photos (and memories) are prone to linger.

42F73039-ABE6-4C2B-8776-67469B630E47.thumb.jpeg.1e58123b94557f6882efa1bc1899fb8f.jpeg

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Like 10

I quickly snapped this picture of our 68 Riviera, The Aqua Zephyr, at about 7:00 AM, April 27th, 2019, before heading to the Goodguys 5th Annual North Carolina National car show in Raleigh, NC.

I used my cell phone to take the picture. I think it might be the prettiest photo I've taken of the Zephyr!

20190427_064255.thumb.jpg.2c3ed3ff17bed7932ad45c081314b9c2.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NC68Riviera said:

I quickly snapped this picture of our 68 Riviera, The Aqua Zephyr, at about 7:00 AM, April 27th, 2019, before heading to the Goodguys 5th Annual North Carolina National car show in Raleigh, NC.

I used my cell phone to take the picture. I think it might be the prettiest photo I've taken of the Zephyr!

20190427_064255.thumb.jpg.2c3ed3ff17bed7932ad45c081314b9c2.jpg

A photographer once gave a bit of a talk at a local car club meeting.  One suggestion was to take photos in low light - near dawn or dusk - to eliminate some of the glare.  It looks like this photo may have been in that range.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thriller said:

A photographer once gave a bit of a talk at a local car club meeting.  One suggestion was to take photos in low light - near dawn or dusk - to eliminate some of the glare.  It looks like this photo may have been in that range.

That indeed is a beautiful car and a beautiful picture. The photographer gave you good tips. I will give you my 2 cents of an amateur photographer, not a professional by any means...and please this is “constructive criticism”. There is small glare on the passenger window as well as on the right side of the car. Being the picture taken early morning I gather that the car was facing north. Try to place the light ☀️ 💡 behind you to obtain a natural look, of course you had to turn the car around to take a front shot. In photography, most is about lightning and composition and these days a lot of pixels to be able to blow the picture. In a note, must of intelligent phones these days  have very good cameras 📷 📸 built in. Keep driving and photographing that stunning machine. I enjoyed every time I see it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not Mt Rainier 

F88CEB74-E255-430C-A6F1-1E2B7094E735.thumb.jpeg.eeea9d0010f8346a3eb73c0d7757b7dd.jpeg 

Was there in 71 for USMC cold weather training. I was NCO of Driver Training school. Took my students half way up the mountain and slid back down on the snow using the bottom of the jeeps as skid plates and wheels to steer. Only flipped one jeep when this idiot came off the snow and hit the pavement with his wheels turned the wrong way. Had to report to the Captain for that one. All he said was “interesting technique Brown, carry on”

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Thriller said:

Cold weather? Washington State?  Pfffft.

😉

Yes sir, Cold Weather Training..... Notice I said "Not Mt Rainier"     Do I got to spell it out for you.  Mt _ _ _ _    (Four letters, first letter F)    

13 hours ago, Thriller said:

I’m not convinced Japan gets cold either.  You’re talking at a Canadian prairie boy...the only folks who get cooler than us are the tundra folks up north 😳😉🤣

Hmmm.  Then how did Japan get the winter Olympics in 1972 in Sapparo and in 1998 in Nagano?  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RivNut said:

Hmmm.  Then how did Japan get the winter Olympics in 1972 in Sapparo and in 1998 in Nagano?  

Doesn’t need to be cold to host Winter Olympics...just cool enough to keep some snow and ice around, especially in recent decades with the refrigeration to keep ice.  Elevation for the alpine events typically keeps them snow covered, but of course manmande snow comes into play again.

When I talk about cold, I mean in the range of -40.  It’s a perverse pride to be able to handle it.  In that range, it’s cold enough that the tires are out of round for a while when you start travelling.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Thriller said:

I’m not convinced Japan gets cold either.  You’re talking at a Canadian prairie boy...the only folks who get cooler than us are the tundra folks up north 😳😉🤣

So does your spit freeze before it hits the ground there?  Did at Mt Fuji, unless spiked with alcohol which was fairly frequent. 

• Haha 2