I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

9 minutes ago, Elpad said:

I used to own a truck repair shop and I remember the dirtiest uniform belonged to the hardest worker. By the same token the cleanest uniform was wore by the man in charge of not so important endeavors, the story teller and do nothing golfer and that my friends could be the man standing in front of the pump. In my now line of duty, I can't profile... sorry I can't help it. Before I post this, I hope i'm not offending anyone, just saying. Outstanding historical picture!

In my teen-aged years I worked in a gas station/repair shop and had the opposite experience.  Everybody worked hard and did their job but when asked, the cleanest guy said:  Hey,  I make it a habit of wiping my work area and my tools during the repair.  I won't even touch those other guys tools cause they never wipe em.  A point well taken. 

1 hour ago, JZRIV said:

f580501e10b617cd_landing.jpg

Not sure what the issue is with the boy. I'll leave that up to your imagination. He probably took some riddling for years over it.

LS28559_000_thumb_3.jpg

If I had a guess I would say the little dude needs to go to the bathroom but the excitement of the parade keeps him there doing his best to hold his bladder.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JZRIV said:

f580501e10b617cd_landing.jpg

Not sure what the issue is with the boy. I'll leave that up to your imagination. He probably took some riddling for years over it.

LS28559_000_thumb_3.jpg

He's going to be a major league baseball player and just getting in some practice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/4/2018 at 10:21 PM, Marty Roth said:

Isn't that from the Movie "MILDRED PIERCE" ?

Yes, I recall the line where Mildred bought her oldest daughter (the nasty one) a "new" car.  The moving was filmed in 1945 so the new car was already 5+ years old.

5 hours ago, kgreen said:

Yes, I recall the line where Mildred bought her oldest daughter (the nasty one) a "new" car.  The moving was filmed in 1945 so the new car was already 5+ years old.

The novel upon which the movie was based takes place over a nine year period from 1931 to 1940.  So based on the time frame of the story, and not when the movie was made,  the car was "new."

We drove by there last May after visiting with Mark Shaw and Joe Block. It was a total trip of 10,000 miles in 3 months , but not in our Buick - we drove our '54 Cadillac convertible.

Multnomah Falls is an amazing thing to see!

TEN THOUSAND MILES IN THE 1954 CADILLAC.doc

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

We drove by there last May after visiting with Mark Shaw and Joe Block. It was a total trip of 10,000 miles in 3 months , but not in our Buick - we drove our '54 Cadillac convertible.

Multnomah Falls is an amazing thing to see!

TEN THOUSAND MILES IN THE 1954 CADILLAC.doc

Quite the trip Marty!  You must have pics of the Caddy along the Pacific Coast Highway?  Would love to see em!