I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

I just couldn't resist posting these also.

I have to admit i couldn't find any Buicks.

I like the sedan delivery in the first photo.

Great looking Deluxe Diner in second photo.

Awesome signs in the third.

To those of you who have been following my post "No more Twinkies"; note the Tastykake sign above the two Coke signs.

post-58764-143139302048_thumb.jpg

post-58764-143139302054_thumb.jpg

post-58764-143139302062_thumb.jpg

Edited by xp-300 (see edit history)

Guest shadetree77

1952 Buick Super Riviera.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]167968[/ATTACH]

Dale, you don't like the fender skirts? A lot of people don't. I was actually pondering some for my '52 eventually. Agreed they don't look great from this angle but I like the way they look from the side. :) Anyway, love the colors on this. Is that top black or dark green? Don't care for that pompous vanity plate though. I would "EN V IT" more if he would paint his trunk handle and fin emblems. :P

Edited by shadetree77 (see edit history)

Guest shadetree77

Ran across these while searching for Buick dealership photos for the other thread. Both are from the Atlanta History Center's archive. First is an unidentified man and the official pace car for a race at Speedway at Lakewood Park in Atlanta, Georgia taken on March 31, 1957. Second is Atlanta Fire Department Chief William B. Cummings (right), his chauffeur William L. Gilbert (center), and his aid Charles M. Thurman (left), posing in the chief's Model 16 Buick in Atlanta, Georgia taken on April 25, 1909.

post-75106-1431393027_thumb.jpg

post-75106-143139302702_thumb.jpg

Robert,

I have always like MY cars to have a competitive look, thus NO SKIRTS...... With that said, Robert, you are the ONLY PERSON THAT NEEDS TO BE HAPPY, so go for your LIKES.

Such will not make me think of you as a BAD PERSON, just not my thing. I can accept skirts a lot easier when the car has a slight frontal rake. I'm not a fan of lowered rears, makes them look like a boat trying to get up on plane. IMO

Keep up the good work/writings Robert,

Dale in Indy

" May we be FAITH, full."

That picture of the Dairy Queen is such a BAD REMINDER. In 1951 when I was 14 I received my first pay check from working on a farm. I cashed my check at the bank, rode my bike to the Dairy Queen, ordered my cone, AT THE WINDOW JUST LIKE IN THE PICTURE, at the front of the building. Then walked away leaving my billfold on the shelf. Ten minutes later I remembered such, but it was GONE when I returned.

Not a good feeling/day.

Dale in Indy

Most of you know the REST OF THE STORY........regarding the 1946 ornament xp-300 posted above.

In 1939-40 Buick was planning for the 41 cars, and this hood ornament was designed, but when it came time to produce the 1941 Buick's top level management PULLED it out of planned production. The war was upon us, it was decided that it would POSSIBLY offend folks since it was a bomb, and bomb site. History will show pictures of the Brunn custom cars that were scheduled to be built in 41 had this ornament in place, back in 1940.

After the war was ended, Buick and others were proud of the bomb that ended the war, so it was decided that the 1946 Buick's would use such. The early production was just like the picture show in the xp-300 post above. Soon dealers and customers discovered that the ring was stolen from their cars, and reported to be used by young girls as bracelets, so Buick incorporated the same piece, but with a heavy cross bar which prevented future thief issues.

Years ago I found a NON-CROSS BAR ornament at a swap meet, and it bolted right up to my 41 Buick hood, all holes and contour matched. I love it.

Dale in Indy

I stayed in a cabin in Minn. in the 60's. No electricity, or phones, but did have inside plumbing.

Took a little getting used to, but sure was quiet, I stayed just one night heading for Montana.

I was with Tractor Supply Co. going out scouting for new stores. Wonderful job, and company. I spent 15 years with them, opened dozens of new stores. We had a Cessna 310K at the time, great plane, landed a lot on grass. I flew right seat, and was in charge of LOOKING out the windshield, and making sure we had 3-GREEN lights before landing. IMPORTANT!!!!!

Dale in Indy

Picture three is interesting to me because it appears to be a picture of the end of the assembly line. The car on the left would be a Super because it has chrome headlight trims, but it also has Roadmaster bombsights on the fenders. Roadmasters came with a painted headlight door with a thin chrome trim. So it could be argued from this photo that the factory installed Roadmaster bombsight trims on the front fenders of the 56 Super.