Hmmmmm? What's this?

RivNut

Someone did the deed and created the urban legend "factory" 4 speed car. I have mentioned before that my preference would be a Chevy close ratio 3 speed. I had some big block high torque 4 speed cars in the '60's and rarely used 1 st gear. Shhhhh, one was a 390 Ford convertible, another was a 406 Ford convertible, but we don't talk about the Fords much.

Bernie

I've seen that link here before, do a forum search on Rivi Convertibles. I would do it in a heartbeat if my 400 was going bad. I converted my '94 Impala SS to a 6-speed and love it. A lot more fun to drive. I would do the convertible thing too and plan to with one of my '65s.

I was at the wrecking yard locally that has older cars and they have a mid '60s Caddy convertible - windshield and all - that I was pouring over. It might be too wide, but it looked close sitting there all alone. :)

If you read the article in the link I posted, the owner tells about the four-speed. I found pictures of another '65 Riv convertible that also had a four speed in it.

I don't think it would be too difficult if you used the clutch pedal like was found in early Fords, and my '50 Buick special through the floor. The hot rodders now have master cylinders that bolt to the X-member in a '32 Ford and use hydraulics to operate the clutch.

You could put both the brake and clutch under the floor board and really clean up the firewall too.

[TABLE=align: center]

<TBODY>[TR]

[TD=class: centercontent][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: centercontent][TABLE]

<TBODY>[TR]

[TD=class: producttext, width: 50%][h=2]mpbrakesPA1202k7univbrakeclutch.jpg[/h][/TD]

[/TR]

</TBODY>[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

</TBODY>[/TABLE]