Transmission Gasket

Guest Truth80

Cut one out of gasket material from the auto parts store
thanks! Didn't realize I could do that...

Making one is often the fastest and easiest thing to do for cars old enough that it isn't in stock the corner auto supply. A few things to add:

1. A hole punch set is very nice to have. Cheap ones available at Harbor Freight.

2. A transfer punch set is also very nice to have. Cheap ones available at Harbor Freight.

3. A lot of those older gaskets are still available from your local better auto supply if you are willing to call in the order in advance. I can generally call my local favorite store when they open in the morning and the parts I need for my '33 will be there, usually by lunch, for me to pay for and pick up.

It looks like Best Gasket makes a full transmission gasket set for your vintage Plymouth, so your auto supply can probably get it. Vintage Automotive Gaskets - Head Gaskets and Rear Main Seal Gaskets - Best Gasket

However if all you need is one gasket then it will likely be cheaper to get the punch sets from Harbor Freight and gasket stock from your local auto supply and make it. Then the next few gaskets you need are free until you run out of sheet stock.

Guest Truth80

Thanks Ply33 and Keiser31. Also thanks for the Best Site. Looks like that's what I ll have to do. Can't find it anywhere and also can't find the oil filter. It comes as a sealed cannister. This forum has really been a big help to me!

Thanks Ply33 and Keiser31. Also thanks for the Best Site. Looks like that's what I ll have to do. Can't find it anywhere and also can't find the oil filter. It comes as a sealed cannister. This forum has really been a big help to me!

Last mainstream manufacturer of the sealed canister oil filters was Wix and they stopped making them about 10 years ago. I've seen information from India where they claim to make them. And I see them in the Robert's catalog so they either have a bunch stock piled or have found a manufacturer. And, of course, you can still get them at swap meets or ePay but the price is getting up there. You can replace that sealed container with one that take replaceable elements that are still available at your local auto supply. There were several manufacturer's of those (even more than one type from Chrysler), so you'll want to chase down a housing assembly before buying elements.

For the information that I have on oil filters see Plymouth Parts Interchange: Group 10 — Engine Oiling