Bumper bolt size for 33-40 Ford

auburnseeker

I found some bumper bolts that I think will work for my 1948 Plymouth, but they are listed as 33-40 Ford. Does anyone know what size diameter 33-40 Ford cars use? I need a 7/16 diameter bolt. I found them on Ebay and questioned the seller 3 times over a one week period and they won't respond.

Guest billybird

Here are the demensions of my 1940 Ford which is a Concourse winner. The head of the bolt is football or almond shaped, 11/4 to 11/2 inches long, recieves an 11/16 inch nut and is of the carriage type with polished stainless heads.

Go to your friendly NAPA store (not the one that has to have the year&make) they have all sizes. Polish the stainless steel cap, it will be close to chrome. --Bob

The problem with the regular parts store bolts is they are not Oval shaped heads. They are round head. Mopar used Oval shaped heads so I want it to look correct.

Here are the demensions of my 1940 Ford which is a Concourse winner. The head of the bolt is football or almond shaped, 11/4 to 11/2 inches long, recieves an 11/16 inch nut and is of the carriage type with polished stainless heads.

I tried an 11/16 inch socket on the 7/16 nuts I have on my Plymouth now that are new and that looks like the right size. I assume that's what you meant by 11/16 being the wrench not bolt size. So that would be correct size. 1/2 inch is usually 3/4 inch wrench. I just want to be sure before I buy 40-50 dollars in bolts I can't use.