2 quick question; 48 Chrysler Windsor

Guest MarkWelleJr

Guest MarkWelleJr

Hi all. New here, but great info so far! New to this car also, so I have a couple dumb questions..

1) Lights - When I hit the brakes, only the 3rd brake light comes on, not the tail lights...is that correct? Tail lights seem fine otherwise, turn signals work correctly too...

1a) My front signals work when the turn lever is activated, but otherwise they don't come on with the running lights...should they?

2) My wipers don't work at all. Where is the wiper motor? How do you get to it? Any common issues that I should look at with regards to the wipers? Seems like they may be getting power, as when I turn the switch, the amp meter moves a bit...

Thanks!

Mark

Hi On the 48 the only brake lite is in the center lite . The wiper moter should be up under the dash . Check your fuse. Make sure are getting power to the motor. Kings32chevy

All your lights work correctly. The wipers are 2 speed electric. The switch at the top center of the dash has a built in circuit breaker. Sometimes if they have not been used for years a couple good taps on the dash with them turned on will make the blades move, then you know you have power and they might start working. If not back to the DVM and check for power ect. All 1941 on up chryslers used electric wiper motors and are pretty trouble free with occasional oiling of the linkages and pivots.

Bob