Service report

NEW DEPARTURE Service Report dated 1952.Original plus one copy detailing rings failure.New Departue was a division of GM.Report is from the Bristol Ct. area. For sale to highest offer .Free shipping in USA only.

Service reports were issued when the manufacturer finally admitted that they had screwed up. These were generally only sent to dealers, but they really come in handy when you are attempting a restoration and what you see on your car does not agree with the shop manual. That's because some dealer actually may have used a service report to correct a defect. That was in the days before recalls. (please note I restrained any derogatory comments, stupid)

I'm not sure but I think that they are the same thing as what is today referred to as a Technical Service Bulletin or "TSB". You hear dealers use that term frequently.

They are the same thing, just like so many other things, names change to suit the times. I have a complete set issued by Marmon in 1927 and they have been very useful. If I was doing an early '50s car that had ND rings, this would be a good report to have on hand.