JohnD1956

Autumn Buicks

Just thought that I'd add this photo of my '38 that I took last fall, just as I was putting it away for the soon to arrive Michigan winter. Love Michigan in the fall, but hate to see what follows.

post-49355-143142222216_thumb.jpg

Just thought that I'd add this photo of my '38 that I took last fall, just as I was putting it away for the soon to arrive Michigan winter. Love Michigan in the fall, but hate to see what follows.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]217269[/ATTACH]

Breath taking beauty !

From Remembrance Day, 2009. This is one of my favourite photos and serves as a background on one of the computers.

post-32068-143142222565_thumb.jpg

Of course, around here, we get a fair amount of wind, so once the leaves are ready to fall, they get blown off, so getting a nicer colour shot is more challenging.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]217269[/ATTACH]

Dave, I wish you didn't hide this all summer, such a great ride, thanks for sharing the very cool picture!!

Nice, nice , NICE!!! Great pics folks. Rain today and tomorrow causing delays in finding good spots for some pics this year.

Pretty awesome day here today.

Got these in the back yard, not a lot of color yet, but some.

post-42002-143142227768_thumb.jpg

68 Cat is Donna's baby.

post-42002-143142227502_thumb.jpg

post-42002-143142227508_thumb.jpg

post-42002-143142227763_thumb.jpg

post-70733-143142230422_thumb.jpgHere's what fall looks like in the Rockies.

Looking west to Mt. Princeton (14,200') on the continental divide, from our front yard.

We're only at 8500'.

Mike in Colorado

That is such a great photo Mike. I love it!

Here's one I just snapped today, in the midst of the Catskills.

img_6000_original.jpg

Nice Photo JD. However, the Catskills in no way compare to the mountians in the West. There is snow on them there hills in July and August. In fact it never seems to go away. 90 F in the valleys, and cold enough to keep the snow on the peaks every season. I want to go back...Specially to the Hot Springs out there. Dandy Dave!

That is such a great photo Mike. I love it!

Here's one I just snapped today, in the midst of the Catskills.

wow JD that is awesome, where abouts were you?

Berta, I was on Route 10 between Cobbleskill and Delhi, about ten miles south of Cobbleskill. I should have taken a wide angle shot here but it probably would not have helped cause there is nothing but this view for 180 degrees at this spot. I'll have to check those mountains Dave mentions next summer. Meantime today was a beautiful day here and I found a spot to snap these

x

tn_img_6032_original.jpg

x

tn_img_6027_original.jpg

x

tn_img_6033_original.jpg

x

tn_img_6037_original.jpg

x

tn_img_6038_original.jpg

Nice. And the 56 is out Front... :cool: JD, when you get out West, you will be dazzeled. Expecially if you take Rt. 80 though Donners Pass. Given the terrain in that area, those folks were really determined. Even building the modern highway was quite an undertaking. Be sure you have no less than excellent brakes. A lot of places it is best to down shift and let the motor hold you back. Truck pulloffs are every few miles so that they can cool their brakes off. Passed by an 18 wheeler being winched out of a ravine. It did not look good for the driver. Dandy Dave!

WOW, those two top shots are awesome. Could you please email them to me so I can use one as a screen saver.

WOW, those two top shots are awesome. Could you please email them to me so I can use one as a screen saver.

Beautiful pictures. Maybe Mr. Earl will photoshop Terry in there for his screensaver, and we can all use it ???????

Kevin,

A great looking "Cat". I think that metallic bronze is the same color that my '65 Riv was. Always loved that car. Even @ 9mpg.

Grasshopper

A GS day!

tn_img_6052_original.jpg

x

tn_img_6056_original.jpg

x

tn_img_6048_original.jpg

x

And Just for a kick, looky at the wood pile I saw in Saratoga Springs:

tn_img_6067_original.jpg

I'm driving my 56' every day until I can't because of bad weather! Sure is nice to have her out on the road finally! Here is another shot or two. One with the 47' being wetsanded in the background and another of a shot I took on the way home today! Pays to take the "long" way sometimes.

post-72076-143142236106_thumb.jpg

post-72076-143142236097_thumb.jpg