Newly discovered feature in my Reatta....

Guest TheNewDamage

Guest TheNewDamage

I've had my '90 Maui Blue Reatta for about 5 years and thought I knew every inch of it but recently my son discovered a new, and as far as we have been able to tell, an undocumented feature. If you unlock the passenger side door with the key it unlocks the drivers side at the same time. Or is this already widely known?

Guest Richard D

Since I almost never use my passenger door I tried it and it did unlock the drivers door. Two pushes on the key fob willunlock both doors. Drivers first the passenger on the second push

So on my 90 convertible, the first time you turn the key, it just unlocks the door the key is in. If the key is returned to the 12 o'clock position, then turned again, it unlocks both doors.

This worked for both drivers and passengers doors

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner

Guest Reatta1

Does that work on all years or just 90 and 91? Mine is an early 88 and I have not tried that. The 88 also does not have a key fob remote.

Have been away a long time and need to 'catch' up on all the goings on.

Guest Reatta1

Does that work on all years or just 90 and 91? Mine is an early 88 and I have not tried that. The 88 also does not have a key fob remote.

Have been away a long time and need to 'catch' up on all the goings on.

I don't think 88 had that feature (I had a 91 Cadillac years ago that did, and remember finding it by accident) but I will have to go out and check now, as my curiosity has been piqued.

EDIT: Have confirmed that the 88 (at least mine) does not have the double-turn all-unlock feature of the later models. I am pretty sure this functionality was implemented in either the security system module or the BCM, so it was revised/added in after 1988. 1989 would be logical as it also added RKE.

KDirk

Edited by KDirk (see edit history)

Guest Corvanti

with no great surprise, my '89 did not open the opposite door anyway i tried it.

and, "double clicking" the remote did not lock the passenger door. but it did set off the alarm when i opened the pass. door...

just another thing to add to my ever-growing list of things to fix! :(

Hey!

Now Howard's back with his happy, smiling face poppin out the screen. This place gets better all the time!

Oh yah, ditto with the feature on my '89.

John F.

John, I do pop in from time to time to see what is going on in "Reatta Land". While I've not owned a Reatta in a number of years, I can say without a doubt, out of all the cars I've owned in my lifetime, the Reatta was my favorite. Also, I'm a member of other car based forums and I have to say this one has best people. I hope everyone is doing well!:D